• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WoodyAllen

You can just hear big pharma squirming in their money chambers.

All pretty obvious and not new but at least it's slowly coming out at last.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/25/health/saturated-fat-arteries-study/index.html

No. 1 risk factor for heart attacks is "insulin resistance, driven by a number of dietary factors especially increased sugar and other refined carbohydrates."
In other words, it's not the meat, which contains less than 10% saturated fat, in your burger that's the problem, noted Malhotra. It's the bun, the French fries and the sugary drink that washes it all down, he said.

I've been saying for many years artificial sweeteners along with sugars are very bad.
In the amounts we digest
You're taking a big risk eating processed food.

If you're serious about nutrition you should have read Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon.
The section on cholesterol alone is much ahead of it's time and was considered (at the time) absurd.

Recent Study found that Diet Softdrinks consumed regularly (one a Day) substantially contributed to oldtimers disease.

"Fake news"

Alternative_Facts-678x381.jpg

Yes, it's like saying that "playing football caused that injury" as it could of also been a number of other things; genetics, poor training method, bad workout practices.

Some people have the gene some don't how they live defines their future if you have a history of an ailment in your family you do what you can to slow the inevitable

I don't believe sugar and sweeteners are health food choices

Worst of a bad bunch.
Like Dorko says it's (sugars) in everything, hidden in all types of food, "hidden" being the operative word here.

Personally, I'd like added sugar listed on the nutritional labels to differentiate between naturally occurring and manufacture.

I think it's been held for a long time that Diet Drinks are just as bad or worse than Sugared drinks.

*citation needed

In reality though best to use common sense, (studies or not) consistently drinking more than 1L of diet soda a week is probably a bad idea.

However is an overweight person is actively trying to lose weight and uses diet soda as a zero calorie substitute for the real thing and is able to decrease their weight as a result (and lower weight has proven scientific health benefits) then it's probably worth taking the risk imo