• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Snoochies

Recently I have been getting this dull ache on the left side of my chest. There is no tightness and my heart is all sweet but sometimes when just leaning forward I got this dull ache. Today I was doing shoulder press and the ache was there and then suddenly something triggered in there, didn't feel like a tear or anything but couldn't lift anything after I felt the pain come on. I had a shower and could barely get my shirt over my head. There isn't any muscle soreness and when I massage the area nothing is sore to touch but find when twisting my neck around the pain seems to increase. Am thinking some kind of nerve damage or inflammation of some sort.

Mebbe you have a rib out of place. That can be quite painful and can also make breathing difficult. Chiro/Osteo would fix that. Or it could be a torn muscle between the ribs. It happens.

Agree with bazza here, a chiro may treat the symptom but they won't do much for a cure and you'll be seeing
them weekly for a while, then fortnightly, then monthly, the quarterly for ever and all at $50 a visit

As you said, you are having more pain while twisting your neck, make me more confident about nerve damage. There won't be any swelling, better you should consult your physician.

Yes sounds like a damaged nerve issue rather than musculoskeletal pain. I once had a similar shooting pain in my upper back and when I went to the doctor thinking its a sore or pulled muscle - it turned out to be a somewhat grave nerve issue called brachial neuralgia. Spinal compressions and nerve disorders are quite common these days - thanks to our 9 to 5 desk jobs that tie us to one cubicle for the better part of the day. I would suggest you go for physiotherapy and consume a diet rich in omega-3 foods.

It could be judged with the intensity of pain you have while lifting heavy weight or not lifting anything and just moving your body around. Muscles do have relation with the brain and it could be related to your thoughts if the pain is not consistent and low intense.