• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

Wide shoulders with a matching and balanced set of trapezius muscles is just what the doctor ordered. I like performing the wide grip barbell upright rows, as it really gives me a magnificent and simultaneous pump in both my side deltoids and trapezius muscles, however my left shoulder is not in favour of this movement as of late. OK, so I've changed it to suit, yet maintain the benefit of the upright rowing movement. How did I do that? With a single arm d/bell upright rowing.

There are two variations to this exercise, feel free to experiment and do what suits your body mechanics best. One version is the fully upright torso stance during the pulling of the dumbbell towards your shoulder, whilst the other version sees to it that your upper torso is more or less standing at a slight forward lean (say) at 85 degrees or so (nearly upright but not quite so). Also, one sees you holding onto a bench, just as if you were performing some single arm bent over d/bell rows, whilst the other version sees you holding onto something (anything for more balance and stability really).

Below are two videos, the first being of Noah Siegel, performing the exercise with his torso slightly bent forward, whilst in the second video we have Jim Cordova standing more or less in an upright position.

I find, like both of these two gentlemen, that more emphasis is placed on the side deltoids and trapezius, whilst at the same time both shoulder joint impingement and rotator cuff tendinitis become a nuisance of the past.

For Jim Cordova's video, please fast forward to 2:17 where he begins talking about the one arm d/bell upright rows.

[video=youtube;xzTFYXUcPPc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?zv=xzTFYXUcPPc             [/video]

Thank you.

Last edited: