• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
​Have you been working out for a while but need help on something specific? Post your issue here with a detailed description and photos or video if available. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for others to help you.

Traps. Tried everything. Won't grow. Stuck.
When you say you've tried everything, are you referring to exercises or the method applied to performing these exercises? Furthermore, have you given power shrugs a go? Here we're delving more into the nervous system, awaking those nerve endings within your trapezius muscles like never before. This in itself would create a vastly different stimulus within your trapezius muscle fibers. How about principles such as ascending followed by descending? Have you tried increasing the capillaries within your trapezius muscles, creating enough capillary density within that area to ensure maximum nutrients delivery to the cells therein? You may be a victim of nutrients starvation there, due to a lack of optimal blood delivery, stemming from (but not exclusive to) a lack of capillary density within that area.

How to increase capillary density? Load the bar with a weight you're able to do (say) 50 reps with, and do 100. It's perfectly fine to take a 3 or so seconds of breath on your way to reaching 100.

So, high reps have the effect of increasing capillarisation in muscle tissue-(simply defined, capillaries are the tiny blood vessels where blood cells release their nutrients to the rest of the cells in the body). Delivering fresh blood to feed; nourish, and supply much needed oxygen, whilst at the same time flushing the area to get rid of metabolic waste products.

You could be suffering from stagnation of nutrients delivery and waste removal from the trapezius muscles. Give this injection of 100 reps a go, and see how you respond and feel afterward.

All the best Adrian.

Last edited:
When you say you've tried everything, are you referring to exercises or the method applied to performing these exercises? Furthermore, have you given power shrugs a go? Here we're delving more into the nervous system, awaking those nerve endings within your trapezius muscles like never before. This in itself would create a vastly different stimulus within your trapezius muscle fibers. How about principles such as ascending followed by descending? Have you tried increasing the capillaries within your trapezius muscles, creating enough capillary density within that area to ensure maximum nutrients delivery to the cells therein? You may be a victim of nutrients starvation there, due to a lack of optimal blood delivery, stemming from (but not exclusive to) a lack of capillary density within that area.

How to increase capillary density? Load the bar with a weight you're able to do (say) 50 reps with, and do 100. It's perfectly fine to take a 3 or so seconds of breath on your way to reaching 100.

So, high reps have the effect of increasing capillarisation in muscle tissue-(simply defined, capillaries are the tiny blood vessels where blood cells release their nutrients to the rest of the cells in the body). Delivering fresh blood to feed; nourish, and supply much needed oxygen, whilst at the same time flushing the area to get rid of metabolic waste products.

You could be suffering from stagnation of nutrients delivery and waste removal from the trapezius muscles. Give this injection of 100 reps a go, and see how you respond and feel afterward.

All the best Adrian.

I take it back. I haven't tried 100 reps. Have done sets of 20-25. Have gone as low as 3. Tried behind back, front, db's, drop sets etc.
Will give 50+ a go. Can't hurt I guess.

I take it back. I haven't tried 100 reps. Have done sets of 20-25. Have gone as low as 3. Tried behind back, front, db's, drop sets etc.
Will give 50+ a go. Can't hurt I guess.

Im with fadi. I love powershrugs. I notice a difference after three weeks of doing them. I don't do them all the time.

After three weeks you should be doing in the range of your best deadlift for 10 reps out of the rack. With the gear you are on I'd be surprised if you didn't see some growth very quick.