• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

ride29er

Confused Kunce
Crossfits yearly 1st stage of qualifications for the crossfit games is upon us, its one workout per week for five weeks, workout is released every friday morning and you have until tuesday morning to submit your score, always a big 5 weeks for the crossfit community, you get to test your fitness and compare to the best in the world, this year im just having a bit of fun with it, only just coming good from a years worth of injurys(not crossfit related)
first workout called 17.1 is for time but it has a 20min time cap
22.5kg dumbell snatch(alternating hands) and burpee box jump overs(24")
10 snatch
15 BBJO
20 snatch
15 BBJO
30 snatch
15 BBJO
40 snatch
15 BBJO
50 snatch
15 BBJO

took me 14.38, I just hit a sturdy pace from the get go and got through it pretty comfortably, anyone else have a crack or following? top athletes are in the low 10min mark, thats pretty well holding a 2 sec per snatch and 4 sec per burpee pace for the entire workout, anyone else have a crack or following?

A couple of guys at the gym were doing this the other day. I didn't realise that's what it was.

17.2 has been released, my bar muscleups suck so this will not be a great one for me
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
2 rounds of:

• 50-ft. weighted walking lunge
  • 16 toes-to-bars
  • 8 power cleans
Then, 2 rounds of:

• 50-ft. weighted walking lunge
  • 16 bar muscle-ups
  • 8 power cleans
Etc., alternating between toes-to-bars and bar muscle-ups every 2 rounds.
Men use 50-lb. dumbbells, women use 35-lb. dumbbells