• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I used to play high level basketball and Ive been around a fair amount of athletes from different level sports.

I think some pro's can get away with it but generally they are never the absolute best at what they do.

The only exceptions I can think of are Jon Jones and Andrew Johns. Having said that AJ was a great player but IMO he wasnt relying on his physical talents to be the player he was as much as his skill level.

Going back to basketball, Jordan, Kobe, Lebron. These guys are on a different level (arguably the best to play the game) and are well known for their dedication to their craft, they were never outworked by even the 12th guy on the end of the bench trying to get into the line up.

I remember Paul Vanderhaar was an amazing footballer that would light up a smoke and have a beer after a game, and would often get in trouble for not turning up to training, whereas Ed Considine would spend twice the amount of training (drills) to get a game.

regardless of the type of athlete you are Or what the definition is the above story applies to many codes of sport.

some just have to work harder than others to operate at the same level.

yes, but fact is that many elite athletes know when enough is enough. I read gary ablett deliberately undertrained because he knew that harder training flattened him.

of course, getting skills is another story, even if one is gifted. daicos, the Macedonian marvel for collingwood, practised all the time after school; he used to be a defender when younger.

Haha. Athlete is how you define it. There are many different types of athletic ability.

You could class being able to spin the ball with the precision and consistency that warnie did as a skill but it has to have an athletic component to it.

If he isn't an athletes arse hole why doesn't showdownhero practice a bit of spin bowling and take an easy 700 test wickets. I mean if there is no athletic ability to it all, it just must take a bit of practice.

Warnie played AFL 2s back in the day so he had some of what we would think as conventional athletic ability.

The funny thing is I'd bet that warnie at his peak would out sprint downhero. Warnie would do it with a fag in hand after smashing a beer as well.

Jeez it would be nice to have a difference of opinion/discussion without you becoming belligerent and abusive.

Abuse????

What.
Tell me more about how I'm a shitty person that would fit in well with all the shitty people in Melbourne Baz?

I know [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION] edited your post but the butter wouldn't melt in my mouth routine is hilarious.

Tell me more about how I'm a shitty person that would fit in well with all the shitty people in Melbourne Baz?

I know [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION] edited your post but the butter wouldn't melt in my mouth routine is hilarious.

I know I've talked crap and slipped some abuse in before, I try and avoid it but sometimes slip up.

I'm wanting to know where the abuse is in my post you quoted.

I know I've talked crap and slipped some abuse in before, I try and avoid it but sometimes slip up.

I'm wanting to know where the abuse is in my post you quoted.

I don't consider it my responsibility to teach you how to debate like a civilised human being.

I don't consider it my responsibility to teach you how to debate like a civilised human being.

So what you are saying is you can't point out the abuse in the post you quoted.

Thought so.

Seem to remember you claiming i was a fat farmer or something like that at some point. Lol.