• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
You can disagree all you want. Most of the best athletes out partied anyone, in earlier times and today.
Well I am disagreeing and I think you're talking nonsense without any foundation.

I can name names of athletes who made it to the Olympic games, and when you wake up at 3:30am for a 4:00am session that lasts for 2 hours, then hit it again at 4:00pm for the second session of the day, your bed (not the dancing floor), is what your mind becomes occupied with. The word "sacrifice" is on every top athlete's lips, when every Tom Dick and Jane their age are hitting the clubs.

There were 10 weightlifters down at the AIS (and I was one of them). Out of the 10, only one used to party like crazy and get drunk. We had a policy down at the AIS that if you're late for training, or if you don't show up for training, you would be issued with a $50 fine (that was big money back in the early 80s). This lifter was always getting fined.

Perhaps it's top athletes/lifters like the one I'm referring to is what you're referring to, and if so, that's an extreme minority.

Get your facts right next time please.

If you are asking for workout pointers on a shitty BB forum do not worry about partying of the weekend. It's the least of your worries.
Are you in any way insinuating that Ausbb forum is a "shitty" BB forum? Just curious to know where you stand here, and if that's what you think of Ausbb, then say so explicitly.

Haha. Ok sure. How many you know and been out an partied with.

Like I said. Shit athletes posting on BB forums for advise like to pretend they are even close to being elite. No amount of not partying is going to make them Elite. Just enjoy life and don't be a flog.

You are not even close to being a decent athlete.
lol I never said I was, what's the problem shazza one of your heifers kick you out of bed for farting this morning? You seem grumpier than normal today.

You very limited experience spending time with athletes obviously has given you a myopic understanding of the levels of dedication required to take the step from "genetic lottery winner" to "olympic gold medal winner", where the differences between 1st and 10th can be absolutely microscopic.

Pardon us regular joes for looking to work hard in athletic fields in order to better ourselves, Maybe the world would be a better place if we stuck to eating big macs and watching tv. I don't think anyone on this board is attempting to emulate the results of elite athletes but we may take a leaf from their book from time to time in order to realise our potential, however limited that may be.

Like I said. If you are on a shitty BB forum you are not an elite athlete.

Not partying is not a requirement to be elite. Much of the elite athletes party much more than average.

lol I never said I was, what's the problem shazza one of your heifers kick you out of bed for farting this morning? You seem grumpier than normal today.

You very limited experience spending time with athletes obviously has given you a myopic understanding of the levels of dedication required to take the step from "genetic lottery winner" to "olympic gold medal winner", where the differences between 1st and 10th can be absolutely microscopic.

Pardon us regular joes for looking to work hard in athletic fields in order to better ourselves, Maybe the world would be a better place if we stuck to eating big macs and watching tv. I don't think anyone on this board is attempting to emulate the results of elite athletes but we may take a leaf from their book from time to time in order to realise our potential, however limited that may be.

I've been around top level athletes a fair bit of my life. From top afl players, Nrl players to all blacks rugby players. But go on???

You are confusing regular joes with elite level. The elite guys are not on BB forums asking for tips on their shitty keto diet. Or what to do on their shitty workout program.

You are not elite. You are not payed to work out.

Enjoy your workout and have fun.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone on this board is attempting to emulate the results of elite athletes but we may take a leaf from their book from time to time in order to realise our potential, however limited that may be.

I liked your whole post, however I was particularly impressed with the way you've expressed your thoughts above. Thank you for that brother.

I've been around top level athletes a fair bit of my life. From top afl players, Nrl players to all blacks rugby players. But go on???

You are confusing regular joes with elite level. The elite guys are not on BB forums asking for tips on their shitty keto diet. Or what to do on their shitty workout program.

You are not elite. You are not payed to work out.

Enjoy your workout and have fun.
Who says I'm not having fun? To me I enjoy maximising my potential and tinkering with my diet and exercise to continue to improve. What's your problem with people realising their potential and becoming "elite" in terms of the genetic card they've been dealt?

The main reason professional sportsmen aren't on webforums asking for advice is because they're lucky enough to have coaches to provide the same type of advice provided here so I don't see why that's relevant.
I liked your whole post, however I was particularly impressed with the way you've expressed your thoughts above. Thank you for that brother.
Thanks fadi :)

Who says I'm not having fun? To me I enjoy maximising my potential and tinkering with my diet and exercise to continue to improve. What's your problem with people realising their potential and becoming "elite" in terms of the genetic card they've been dealt?

The main reason professional sportsmen aren't on webforums asking for advice is because they're lucky enough to have coaches to provide the same type of advice provided here so I don't see why that's relevant.

Thanks fadi :)

It's just reality. Some people struggle to accept it. They are not elite. No amount of training or luck would have made them elite.

They are shit athletes. Myself included.

No problem with people enjoying training but let's get in the real world. It's a hobby. You can still enjoy life outside training and it's not going to make a significant difference to your training.

It's just reality. Some people struggle to accept it. They are not elite. No amount of training or luck would have made them elite.

No problem with people enjoying training but let's get in the real world. It's a hobby. You can still enjoy life outside training and it's not going to make a significant difference to your training.
Not getting enough sleep, nutrients and drinking too much are going to hamper the progress of everyone. Not just professional sportsmen.

Not getting enough sleep, nutrients and drinking too much are going to hamper the progress of everyone. Not just professional sportsmen.

Who cares. The 1% the non pro athlete loses isn't going to make a difference to their shitty training.

Do the basics right and you'll be fine.

Who cares. The 1% the non pro athlete loses isn't going to make a difference to their shitty training.

Do the basics right and you'll be fine.
Are you seriously contending that a shitty diet and lifestyle is going to have no detrimental impact on non professional athletes?

Are you seriously contending that a shitty diet and lifestyle is going to have no detrimental impact on non professional athletes?

Don't try and put words in my mouth buddy.

I'm saying just get the basics right and the rest won't make a difference worth worrying about for the average joe.

Don't try and put words in my mouth buddy.

I'm saying just get the basics right and the rest won't make a difference worth worrying about for the average joe.
The level to which imperfect diet and lifestyle will impede a persons training is correlated to the amount of their genetic potential they have reached, not whether they are a professional athlete or not.

Bit of a detour here but you mention AFL and rugby players when you talk of elite sport people partying. Does anyone think that the level at which or amount of top sports people that party hard may be related to what sport they compete in. I am guessing more rugby players and shot putters party that elite marathon runners !!!

it is true that a lot of elite football players like to party; it goes with what they enjoy.

but my experience with most top individuals athletes, say athletics, cycling and even even bb's, is that they mostly avoid the party life.

I also think many top footballers these days would be highly disciplined.

For most of us, which is us would greatly benefit not living the like an insect.

which is what most professional athlete are required to do.

I have to agree with this.

Trying to live like an elite athlete while working your menial job and knocking back an offered beer on the weekend in case it fucks up your macros seems like a lot of sacrifice for unidentifiable gain.

If you enjoy living that way and it makes you happy then all the power in the world to you but claiming that you are doing it better than anyone who chooses not to follow the same path is ridiculous.

it is true that a lot of elite football players like to party; it goes with what they enjoy.

but my experience with most top individuals athletes, say athletics, cycling and even even bb's, is that they mostly avoid the party life.

I also think many top footballers these days would be highly disciplined.

Many AFL clubs ban their players from drinking and partying during season.