• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
[h=1]Bodybuilder Peter James Russell jailed for illegally importing growth hormones, steroids and ‘testicle shrinking’ pills into Australia[/h]
[FONT=&quot]A BODYBUILDER has been jailed over an international importation racket to smuggle illegal growth hormones and steroids into the country — along with drugs to combat shrinking testicles.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Peter James Russell pleaded guilty to 51 charges relating to the importation of the prohibited drugs from the United Kingdom to Adelaide post boxes between March and October 2015.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Russell, 37, was a former promising rugby player who was selected in the squad for a Northern Territory side before it folded, and suffered low self-esteem before starting to use steroids in his late 20s.[/FONT]
834a0ec708f7e940bbaa59a4df72c6a4

A sample of the seized steroids. Source: Australian Border Force[FONT=&quot]District Court judge Paul Cuthbertson said Russell was instrumental in having 50 shipments of steroids, human growth hormones and human chorionic gonadotropin, or HCG — which he said was “used to offset the reduction in testicular size occasioned by the use of steroids”.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Judge Cuthbertson said the years of steroid abuse had taken a physical toll on Russell, who was now legally using one of the substances he was arrested over.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“As a result of the use of steroids he is now prescribed HCG, which is used to counteract the effects of the use of steroids on his testicles,” he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Another man, Blake Andrew Dunk, was also arrested but pleaded guilty to a single charge of importing prohibited goods.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dunk, 26, was tasked with collecting a delivery and allowing Russell to use a bank account in his name.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Judge Cuthbertson said Dunk had stopped using steroids and released him without penalty on the condition he adhere to a two-year good behaviour bond.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But he found there was no other option but to impose a prison term on Russell, who went to elaborate lengths to conceal his involvement in the scheme.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“He organised the deliveries, including contacting the sources. He marketed and sold the substances in Australia and handled a significant amount of money as a result,” the judge said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Russell used a number of false names, email addresses and had 14 mobile phones when Australian Border Force investigators raided his home in November 2015.[/FONT]
c3e8dcfa86b18f60807c070211eac900

Peter James Russell pleaded guilty to 51 charges in relation to importing prohibited drugs.[FONT=&quot]“He marked out the locations of surveillance cameras of parcel collection points and arranged for parcels to be delivered to different locations on each occasion so as to avoid suspicion,” Judge Cuthbertson said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Russell became involved in the racket when he met a Pakistani doctor, who helped arrange shipments of the drugs from the UK to Adelaide, unaware ABF investigators were closely watching the packages.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In exchange for his help, Russell received some of the drugs for his personal use, sold others, and was paid $50 for each parcel he sent on.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Judge Cuthbertson jailed Russell for three years, with a non-parole period of two years and ruled the offending too serious to suspend the term or order it be served on home detention.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Australian Border Force investigations commander Mark Antill said the case should serve as a warning to anyone plotting to import illegal items or substances.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“These drugs could have serious health impacts for users and the Australian Border Force is committed to protecting our community by stamping out the illicit importation of the dangerous drugs,” he said.[/FONT]

Hmm wonder how much that GH was going for. I've got a mate thats been using Lilly for months, getting amazing results and getting leaner while eating 5k calories a day :cool:

And money.
yep I was watching an australian cop show on some uk tv channel here the other day

They had a segments where they arrested a darwin pensioner for dealing weed.

To think the amount of time/money/resources spent on investigating, prosecuting and then incarcerating people like that is sick. So many better ways those resources could be utilised.

Weed will be legal at some point in the future. In Australia it will likely be a fair way behind most places.

I'll be happy when it happens so I don't have to listen to all the bong smoking hippies talk about the conspiracies about why weed was banned.

Weed will be legal at some point in the future. In Australia it will likely be a fair way behind most places.

I'll be happy when it happens so I don't have to listen to all the bong smoking hippies talk about the conspiracies about why weed was banned.

Its a well known fact the paper industry lobbied to get hemp banned to protect their profits as it was coming up as an alternative, so its no "conspiracy".

Only Ignorant fucks like you...

Go tell all your bong head mates, I'm sure they will love the story. I've already heard it and don't care. I've already said I'm happy for weed to be legalized. I'm not sure what you are getting upset about.

Last edited:
Go tell all your bong head mates, I'm sure they will love the story. I've already heard it and don't care. I've already said I'm happy for weed to be legalized. I'm not sure what you are getting upset about.

Dont sweat it Bazz its probably just the paranoia !!

Dont sweat it Bazz its probably just the paranoia !!

Haha.

I'll start this with saying again I'm 100% fine for weed to be legalized but how many times have you heard someone say "things weren't going great for me, then I started smoking a shit load of weed and I really started kicking goals in life". Lol.

If weed got legalized I would look into growing it and make some money off it. Will be a heap easier than dairy farming.

^ yer but then L.P.S. wouldn't be able to call you a cow rooter !!! We would have to come up with another name for you like The gange gangster