• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
A

abys

What is the legal status of this nutrient in Australia and New Zealand? This chemical behaves like an analog of N-AcetylGlutamine and should be treated like any nutritional supplement. Unfortunately, in some countries it is regulated.

Are there any legitimate suppliers for this as a bulk powder in Australia/New Zealand?

There are studies showing that NCG increases arginine and growth hormone better than direct arginine supplementation does! The mechanism is that it pushes on the urea cycle, speeding up the rate at which the body disposes of ammonia. It seems well tolerated in studies and has a very high dose required for toxicity.

I am actually very surprised that this supplement is not more widely discussed. People talked about it after a pig study was released in 2007 and then discussion just seems to have withered away.

Last edited:
What is the legal status of this nutrient in Australia and New Zealand? This chemical behaves like an analog of N-AcetylGlutamine and should be treated like any nutritional supplement. Unfortunately, in some countries it is regulated.

Are there any legitimate suppliers for this as a bulk powder in Australia/New Zealand?

There are studies showing that NCG increases arginine and growth hormone better than direct arginine supplementation does! The mechanism is that it pushes on the urea cycle, speeding up the rate at which the body disposes of ammonia. It seems well tolerated in studies and has a very high dose required for toxicity.

I am actually very surprised that this supplement is not more widely discussed. People talked about it after a pig study was released in 2007 and then discussion just seems to have withered away.
As far as the detoxification of ammonia goes, your friend would be Citrulline. And if you are into juicing (and I don't mean steroids), the juicing of water melon rind is where the maximum level of Citrulline lies. Funny, we throw this part away and eat the red bit, when the real benefit is in the white of the watermelon.

As far as the detoxification of ammonia goes, your friend would be Citrulline. And if you are into juicing (and I don't mean steroids), the juicing of water melon rind is where the maximum level of Citrulline lies. Funny, we throw this part away and eat the red bit, when the real benefit is in the white of the watermelon.

You are partially right, but partially wrong. Review the urea cycle image at bottom of this post.

Citrulline is great. But citrulline only takes out one nitrogen, as aspartate joins the urea cycle.

NCG is doing something much more important. It's pushing on the carbomyl phosphate step and taking out an entire free ammonia as ornithine converts to citrulline. See text for Item 3 in the diagram. NCG is the analog to N-AcetylGlutamate in the diagram. That speeds up the entire urea cycle, whereas citrulline is just overpowering one part of the cycle and not speeding up what happens when some of that arginine converts to ornithine at the end of the cycle. NCG should help raise arginine in a much more sustainable way, and the studies suggest it does! And it is probably not a bad thing for a weightlifter who eats too much protein to clear some extra ammonia.

In any case, no reason you cannot do both: take citrulline as well as NCG. But the focus of this thread was legal status of NCG and whether there are legitimate suppliers for NCG, in Australia and New Zealand.

Ah, this site is not allowing me to insert an image since I am a new user. Very sad. Here is the URL for a urea cycle diagram, obfuscated:
s-media-cache-ak0 DOT pinimg DOT com/736x/25/83/84/2583847308758730db1fa5b454721f9e.jpg

Last edited:
N-CarbamylGlutamate is widely available in Australia

Are there any legitimate suppliers you could name, maybe point to some specific company product pages for bulk powder? Hoping to find a supplier of pure NCG, not some time warp stack that includes 10 different nitric oxide boosters....

That's a website that indexes eBay. That seller on eBay took down all of their auctions for NCG.

Plus, someone selling home labeled Chinese powders on eBay isn't exactly in the definition of a legitimate seller. Legitimate seller means a real company, real name, real street address, real website, etc. There should be something there that gives you a feeling they are substantial and sell a quality, tested product.

If the truth is that there are no large companies selling NCG in Australia, and it is mostly small fly-by-night enterprises reselling Chinese powders, then it is okay to just say that. I wanted to find a large legitimate seller of bulk powder that is tested and has no impurities. Maybe that doesn't exist. I just want to know the truth.

Last edited:
.... uses N-CarbamylGlutamate.......

How-Bodybuilders-REALLY-Get-Ripped.jpg

Ah ok ebay.
Really, if you want a GH boost then look at MK677.

MK677 looks interesting but that should be a separate thread. This thread is about the legal status of NCG in Australia and New Zealand. And it would also be nice to understand the supplier situation.