• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That could be it.
When i first pulled 230 i reckon my raw squat was probably infact around 160-165 tops. And i used to lose a bit of form on the deadlift.
200 raw squat now and deadlift of 247.5. Ive not focusssed on the deadlift properly for ages in terms of an overall strength gain. But have focussed on the technical side.

Tim.

thanks woody. will have a read.

I think power clean looks better because resistance to move weight off floor is much easier. but set of deadlifts you viewed was near maximal effort.
strong
strong power cleans mate, only thing I could pick you on is you seem to cutting the final pull short, which is causing you to catch your bar forward, hit full extention on your toes with a big shrug, the bar will land in a much better position

thaks rider, that was my first day with power cleans for nearly a couple of years; i denfinitely was not pulling right. i think i still have 100+kg in me, but we shall see.

Foundation multi-joint movements should never be taken out unless you physically can no longer do them. I'm not saying you need to hit a PB every week, but I feel it is very important in the overall picture. When is it not beneficial to be able to pick up heavy stuff off the ground? When done properly it is using nearly every muscle in the body.

Bodybuilders should still be getting stronger over time.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

If all you have is a barbell then yes dead-lifts are essential
It's a back/ glute beauty so be mindful of what exercises you add to it.

You can get stronger without deadlifts. Also a bodybuilder trains for size, strength is a side effect of this.

You can get stronger without deadlifts. Also a bodybuilder trains for size, strength is a side effect of this.

That is also true, but I believe that if you are only limited to a barbell then doing dead-lifts should be part of you workout stiffies can also be done but wise to do these with a very light weight and high reps are good just short of fatigue

50% of the time I am limited to a barbell.

But in any case its more fun anyway. [emoji14]

Getting stronger is not a side effect or whatever of getting bigger. The two work hand in hand and should be treated thus in order to get the most out training.

50% of the time I am limited to a barbell.

But in any case its more fun anyway. [emoji14]

Getting stronger is not a side effect or whatever of getting bigger. The two work hand in hand and should be treated thus in order to get the most out training.

Spot on

Who is ls limited to a baebell these days?

Baebell? Well, alrighty then.

unnamed.jpg