• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

For me, motivation is the sum of three words:

Desire

Drive

Improvement

Approaching 52, what is it that motivates me the most?

To some, motivation is driven by a gold medal being placed around their necks sometimes into the future, whilst to others; it’s the collection of some large amount of cash when the competition is over. Yet still to many others, there are just as many factors that factor into the makeup of their motivation.

For me (now), motivation is as simple as being driven by the desire to improve.

What is your motivation made up of?

Last edited:
Self improvement, health and well-being and occupation of time are my main 3 motivators.

One word - Discipline

As I wrote in my training thread my reason for training is to be the best Dad I can be, to be a dad that CAN. Can run with his kids, jump, climb, play, lift things, build things, make things. As my kids grow up I want to be able to keep up with them and set a good example. That in itself is motivating.

For me though its more about discipline than motivation, I am the sort of person who thrives on routine and loves a process. For me training is just part of the process of life, as much as eating and sleeping and work and family time and recovery are. Once I have said i am going to do it there is no need for motivation I just do it, I remain disciplined and treat it as something I have to do. For some this wouldn't be motivating but for me the more training becomes like work (like something I have to do) the more I thrive on it.

One word - Discipline

As I wrote in my training thread my reason for training is to be the best Dad I can be, to be a dad that CAN. Can run with his kids, jump, climb, play, lift things, build things, make things. As my kids grow up I want to be able to keep up with them and set a good example. That in itself is motivating.

For me though its more about discipline than motivation, I am the sort of person who thrives on routine and loves a process. For me training is just part of the process of life, as much as eating and sleeping and work and family time and recovery are. Once I have said i am going to do it there is no need for motivation I just do it, I remain disciplined and treat it as something I have to do. For some this wouldn't be motivating but for me the more training becomes like work (like something I have to do) the more I thrive on it.

that is a good goal which has always been mine too.

as an aside I went go karting with the son in law qualified fifth and came 3rd out of 10 for 28 laps, never done it beforehand and was quite hard, the interesting factoid is out of those 28 laps each lap got better as opposed to the other young blokes their times slowly dropped off not being able to maintain the intensity of work.

keeping yourself in the best condition possible has manifold benefits.

that is a good goal which has always been mine too.

as an aside I went go karting with the son in law qualified fifth and came 3rd out of 10 for 28 laps, never done it beforehand and was quite hard, the interesting factoid is out of those 28 laps each lap got better as opposed to the other young blokes their times slowly dropped off not being able to maintain the intensity of work.

keeping yourself in the best condition possible has manifold benefits.

Nice one Adrian, I loved reading that and completely agree around the benefits of keeping in good condition.

Nice one Adrian, I loved reading that and completely agree around the benefits of keeping in good condition.

It was his bucks night after which we went to a fantastic Texas grill at crown oh my! So much meat I was in heaven, Brooklyn lager is beautiful.

^ How was the forearm pump from the karting, last time I did it my forearms were MASSIVE!! lol

Live. Life. Today.

Tommorow is never guaranteed afterall. Live each day with purpose, have fun, train hard and be happy. I like to be different lol but its true.

later-

My motivation was always superficial, to look awesome.
As for the other benefits mentioned in above posts, meh, I’ll take em, as they come with the package, but not the reason I signed up.
I bet my arse that many kunce here stayed motivated, disciplined or whatever the fuk they wanna call it for the very same single reason, but it doesn’t sound noble enough to post.

My motivation was always superficial, to look awesome.
As for the other benefits mentioned in above posts, meh, I’ll take em, as they come with the package, but not the reason I signed up.
I bet my arse that many kunce here stayed motivated, disciplined or whatever the fuk they wanna call it for the very same single reason, but it doesn’t sound noble enough to post.

sounds pathetic,imagine walking around in your 50s like you do,fat and ugly thinking you re the man. Extremely beta to lift for the opinion of women half your age at least. Especially since you are supposedly happily married,you should only care about the opinion of 1 woman. This is why you dont squat or deadlift,probably because it thickens your waist.lol.

sounds pathetic,imagine walking around in your 50s like you do,fat and ugly thinking you re the man. Extremely beta to lift for the opinion of women half your age at least. Especially since you are supposedly happily married,you should only care about the opinion of 1 woman. This is why you dont squat or deadlift,probably because it thickens your waist.lol.

Wow you sound like a sad fuk!
Read your words “I should only care about one blah”
Srs?
a loser like you is going to give da Grunta life tips?
so I can end up like you?
my worst nightmare is you approving of my life
then I’d know I fucked up and ended up a loser like you

Wow you sound like a sad fuk!
Read your words “I should only care about one blah”
Srs?
a loser like you is going to give da Grunta life tips?
so I can end up like you?
my worst nightmare is you approving of my life
then I’d know I fucked up and ended up a loser like you

Yeah its funny that you claim to be this and that but cant summon up the guts to post a picture lol. Why? Also Uncle Slimey you are the type to corner pretty teenage nieces at family gatherings. Face it Grunty,you re not trusted.