• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
[FONT=&quot]A MAN has been charged with allegedly importing a range of steroids and performance and image enhancing drugs into Australia.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The 27-year-old Melbourne man is due to face court next month following his arrest.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Australian Border Force (ABF) investigators targeted the man after they intercepted international mail packages from December 2015 through to February 2016.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The initial detection of the steroids led to a further investigation into an online website facilitating local distribution of the prohibited substances.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The substances were allegedly been sold through a website called Gear Oz.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Between December 8, 2015, and February 18, 2016, investigators discovered more than 18 consignments containing testosterone powder, ampoules of human growth hormone, clenbuterol tablets and stanozolol tablets.[/FONT]
3931b8e15f1aba77b5b0d77d60b47fca

Investigators discovered testosterone powder, human growth hormone, clenbuterol tablets and stanozolol tablets. Picture: ABF
1a4141587a91942dfa5d258bf4ff9203

Investigators discovered testosterone powder, human growth hormone, clenbuterol tablets and stanozolol tablets. Picture: ABF[FONT=&quot]As a result of the above seizures investigators executed search and seizure warrants at various addresses at properties in Melbourne.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]During the searches a number of similar substances were found along with vials, lids and packaging.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Clint Sims, ABF Commander for immigration and customs enforcement, said importing steroids or performance and image enhancing drugs (PIEDs) without a permit is illegal and offenders will be prosecuted.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“These seizures are another example of the ABF’s ongoing commitment to stamp out the illicit importation of dangerous drugs and protecting the Australian community,” he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“If you import steroids or other performance and image enhancing drugs without a permit you are breaking the law and you will face the consequences.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The man will face a range of charges including ten counts of importing a prohibited substance, one count of importing a quantity of an anabolic and/or androgenic substance.
He was also charged with eight counts of importing a therapeutic good for use in humans, one count of trafficking in two or more drugs of dependence and two counts of possessing drugs of dependence.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He will next appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on February 23.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...s/news-story/d97624f8cc50300ee588a4ff2ca42263[/FONT]

He probably got away with it the first 37 times.
Roll the dice, try your luck.

Last edited:
“These seizures are another example of the ABF’s ongoing commitment to stamp out the illicit importation of dangerous drugs and protecting the Australian community,” Clint Sims, ABF Commander for immigration and customs enforcement said.
I disagree with such comment made purely for the media and the ignorant public's consumption.
“If you import steroids or other performance and image enhancing drugs without a permit you are breaking the law and you will face the consequences.”
I have no problem with that as I abide by the law, even when I think it's based on stupidity and ignorance, not to mention a high level of utmost hypocrisy. It's the law, that does not mean I have to either like it or agree with it, but until such time when right becomes wrong and wrong becomes right, I'll abide by it.

Not long ago smoking was not only allowed, but was also glorified and at least in (the US) was encouraged by non other than doctors, with their Camel cigarette commercials. I doubt steroids would be encouraged by any sane person, and I for one would not encourage their usage unless under a medical supervision where their need is warranted. That does not mean there's no hypocrisy with our inconsistent laws when I hear a man in charge label steroids as "dangerous drugs" and by making them illegal, his organisation (the ABF) is "protecting the Australian community". I can think of legal drugs that are harming the Australian community, so to make such a statement in the knowledge of this fact (and within its context) at least, is verging on being pathetic to say the least.

Why do you say that spart?
I would have to agree with Fadi
I liken it to the government's "speed kills" propaganda when we all know it's about raising revenue on the road.

Not really, here's another perspective, ephedrine was freely available to buy over the counter then the government restricted it and look what's happened since then, we're told that there is now an ICE epidemic and it's use has skyrocketed, so I have to ask what good came out of banning ephedrine?

We're told that banning more and more substances is to protect the community while in the mean time alcohol and smokes are a greater cost to the community and kill far more people than all banned drugs put together.

Why do you say that spart?
I would have to agree with Fadi
I liken it to the government's "speed kills" propaganda when we all know it's about raising revenue on the road.

nothing wrong with having a view; like most debates, there are strengths and weaknesses in both sides of ped debate to whether they should be legal or illegal.

my problem is with the sanctity of some views that are arrogant towards the opinion or actions of others as if there is no public health issue from peds. I refer to "I can think of legal drugs that are harming the Australian community, so to make such a statement in the knowledge of this fact (and within its context) at least, is verging on being pathetic to say the least".

in my cert 4 fitness class there is one guy (junior), taking growth 3 shots of test e a week, masteron, sarms and more. now he will get health problems in the future if he keep this up.

Recreational drugs have been with us for thousands of years in one form or another alcohol probably the most common and very deeply imbedded in society whereas chemical enhancement for sport and building muscle is the "new kid on the block" we know a lot more about the bad effects on drugs now than we ever did.
whether we like it or not there needs to be controls on a lot of things, some of those don't always work, while most save lives.

whether that is good depends on how civilized you are.

some could argue whether being civilized is beneficial

I have no problem with that as I abide by the law, even when I think It's the law, that does not mean I have to either like it or agree with it, but until such time when right becomes wrong and wrong becomes right, I'll abide by it.
[/COLOR]

Associating right with legal and wrong with illegal must be an easy way to get through life.

I guess it could save you from having a conscience or needing to use judgement when faced with dilemma but would have to say I don't fancy living the life of a lemming.