• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Barbell complexes would be a good place to start, but that's what I'd call it, barbell complexes and not crossfit exercise.

1. Power cleans x5
2. Front squats x5
3. Deadlifts x5
4. Power clean from hang, into military press x5

That would be a starter for 20 reps total, counted as one set. Rest for 4 minutes before repeating for 4 more sets, for a grand total of 100 reps.

Im not sure have the deadlift in a circuit is wise

if he said I need some hiit training to do at home everyones cool, mention crossfit and everyone looses there shit, biggest gym chain in the world, million of people worldwide doing it, yeah theres some bad point to the sport and not everone participating have perfect form but no different to strongman, weightlifting, BB, plenty of videos of people doing stupid shit training all aspects of fitness, 4 years of doing crossfit and ive strained a groin, I popped a disk in my back powerlifting at local club, broke collorbone drunk wrestling and broke a wrist on a BMX bike,
If you let us know your equipment you have at home Im sure you will get plenty of help with workout Ideas

It just needs to be made clear that crossfit is a sport and not a form of life improving exercise is all.

with your back, it great to read you're on the mend and a busted disk is more often than not a culmination of dubious lifting and not caused by one incident.

Im not sure have the deadlift in a circuit is wise
I on the other hand not only think it wise, but is also one of the best exercises to include in a circuit. The aim of a weight training circuit is not to affect the skeletal muscles directly but indirectly, through the improvement of one's cardiorespiratory fitness level, which also has a direct effect on the speed of one's metabolism.

Granted, if the lifter's aim during a weight training circuit is the targeting of his muscular system as the primary target, then most certainly the dead lift would be an unwise choice to include for an exercise due to the high level of stress such an exercise would bring onto the muscles of the lumbar region.

I on the other hand not only think it wise, but is also one of the best exercises to include in a circuit. The aim of a weight training circuit is not to affect the skeletal muscles directly but indirectly, through the improvement of one's cardiorespiratory fitness level, which also has a direct effect on the speed of one's metabolism.

Granted, if the lifter's aim during a weight training circuit is the targeting of his muscular system as the primary target, then most certainly the dead lift would be an unwise choice to include for an exercise due to the high level of stress such an exercise would bring onto the muscles of the lumbar region.

hmmm precisely why I think it unwise to include the dead lift the other exercises you've included will place added burden on the trainees ability to maintain posture, especially when fatigued , the dead lift can be very rugged on ones low back depending on their leverages, I'd much rather see a pull down type exercise and a push.
good talk.

you can do classic crossfit rep scheme of 21-15-9 and mix up barbell movement with a body weight movement, example most notorious CF workout being FRAN which is thrusters and pullups, but many other ways of mixing it up, thrusters/overhead squats/cleans/snatch mixed with pullups/bupees/box jumps,
other formats include minute on, minute off, pick a few movements and do a few rounds example max reps on each movement, any barbell movement you want light
example
min 1 row
min 2 rest
min 3 40kg cleans
min 4 rest
min 5 double unders/skip
then theres the death by format, for example death by burpees, start at 4 burpees and every minute add a rep and go as long as you can, also tabarta format, or you can make up a long chipper workout you could pyramid, 1km run/30 cleans/50 double unders/30 cleans'/1km run

endless things you can do at home with basic gear just get creative or google the crossfit benchmark workouts

CrossFit workouts whether at home or at gym give you enormous benefits. The foremost thing about any sort of workout is consistency.