• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
There's a reason why they like beans.

97432.jpg

Ive never understood the desire to head in the vegan or vegetarian or any other fucken 'tarian mistaken direction.

Why do people go against what is proven to be healthy?

Tim.

I've tried veganism for about two years, and fruitarian for about two weeks. I wanted to experience what the hell these people were talking about (from a health point of view), and to see if this lifestyle does in fact affect one's brain and attitude.

It affected my brain alright, as I went missing from Ausbb for a long while :D

As far as health is concerned, I got fat around the midsection, with plenty of visceral fat deep within, something I'm working to get rid of now.

Even though I was involved in it, I was never judgmental (as these people are ) of non vegans, especially their arch enemies, the paleo follower.

I feel on top of the world when my raw cholesterol consumption from egg yolks is high (I include egg yolks with my whey shakes). And I feel much better when I have no dairy either, with whey protein, butter, and ghee being the only exception to the rule here.

Each to his own is what I say.

100%. But we need protein and to deprive oneself (im actually assuming that you yourself ate more protein than most vegans?), is like self torture, and defies logic.

Im a beef man myself, the last few weeks ive actually upped my beef intake to daily and am eating a steak in the morning with half an avocado, some cheddar cheese, and a plentiful serving of a variety of vegetables. This is in place of the 2 scoops of whey in 250ml of milk ive comsumed for almost 2 years straight for breakfast. I wasnt bored of that shake as its delicious, but i had begun getting quite bloated about an hour after it over the last few months...

Im still having one here and there, but only half size and only if i need the extra protein on that day. Seems ok thus far in smaller doses.

Tim.

Tim, my attitude and knowledge regarding the amount of protein that is optimal for the human being, only changed in 2016. Before that I was always conservative when it came to protein consumption. Granted that when I was weightlifting, I was eating plenty of protein, but went the opposite way when I took up bodybuilding. Looking back at it, I think it had something to do with trust, as I didn't trust the Weider muscle magazines with their push of everything protein. I did myself a disservice really, and it took me over 30 years to realise my mistake, as it took one man to persuade me regarding the benefits of protein, that man was doctor Donald Layman.

We grow and we learn, but I think the main thing worth noting, is to have a non judgmental attitude toward others who are not like us. You know the irony Tim, is that as competitive sportsman, we ought to revel in the fact that people (or our competition), does not follow what we believe to be optimal, this way the edge is maintained..., as I'm sure they'd be thinking likewise. Hence I say, each to his own.