• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
And so we begin!
Forgive me if this has been mentioned previously Fadi but how are you measuring your progress? Simply by the way you feel at the end of the weekend or the end of the week post recovery? Increase in measurements? Or something else?

I'm interested to see how you pull up tomorrow, one day of this much volume would be enough for most, let alone backing it up again for a second day
Measurements would fall under everything you've mentioned my friend. As you'll see, my second session is already different than my first. I wish I had my food with me though (it'll soon come I hope :)).

I'm also interested to see if I'm at all sore by tomorrow morning. The reason I say that is whenever I am sore, it's always at the 36 hour mark and not before. But then again, I haven't done anything like this before, so muscle soreness might come earlier, we'll soon find out. Measurement at the end of next week would be the go, as by then I should have been fully hydrated, with glycogen.

Second session

1019 to 10:26
EZ curls 25kg x 30, 16, 15, 15, 15, 9 = 100

10:27 to 10:31
French curls 15kg x 50, 30, 20 = 100

So off the bat, my biceps' reps have dropped by 7 on the first set, But interesting enough, my triceps' reps increased by 5 on the first set and the two sets following. It's as if my triceps needed some real warming up before properly firing (as is evident by this second session). By the time I finish writing a post, it's time for yet another session. I'm enjoying the experience though, and am certainly looking forward to seeing what results would come out of this whole new exercise.

Must be a quiet day in the office!
This is cool.
May or may not try it myself this year haha. Everyone likes bigger arms. And bigger arms are potentially stronger arms. Which is potentially a stronger bench. :)

Tim.

Third Session

11:30 to 11:37
EZ curls 25kg x 30, 15, 15, 15, 15, 10 = 100

11:38 to 11:42
French curls 15kg x 52, 35, 13 = 100

My arms are numb.

Just about to have breakfast now :)

Must be a quiet day in the office!
This is cool.
May or may not try it myself this year haha. Everyone likes bigger arms. And bigger arms are potentially stronger arms. Which is potentially a stronger bench. :)

Tim.

Actually not so quite Tim, as I'm in and out and at times on the phone. So it's a busy day anyhow you look at it. The good thing though is I've got the A/C on 22. I need it in this very humid weather.

Yeah humid day today indeed. Not looking forward to 5x5 squats in it. Ha. Atleast my joints stay nice and warm!

Will be a quick day for you today.

Tim.

Yeah humid day today indeed. Not looking forward to 5x5 squats in it. Ha. Atleast my joints stay nice and warm!

Will be a quick day for you today.

Tim.

It's good to train under very different conditions (as I'm sure you know). I cycled to the AIS when it was -15 degrees, only to train at a "warm" 0 degrees. That's what you call extreme weather conditions. But I'm with you, much prefer warm to hot over cold and freezing. Just as well the Olympics are held in summer time worldwide.

An update re my biceps. I went to wash my mouth after I've had breakfast, and my arms felt twice if not triple their normal weight. It was an effort getting my hand to touch my mouth :). Funny how we don't even think or realise how even a small task as washing your face etc., needs some effort from the muscle involved in that task.

Looking at how the reps are going, I may have to increase the d/bell weight by another 5kg, taking it up to 20kg instead of the 15 I'm currently lifting now. What do you think Tim?

It's good to train under very different conditions (as I'm sure you know). I cycled to the AIS when it was -15 degrees, only to train at a "warm" 0 degrees. That's what you call extreme weather conditions. But I'm with you, much prefer warm to hot over cold and freezing. Just as well the Olympics are held in summer time worldwide.

An update re my biceps. I went to wash my mouth after I've had breakfast, and my arms felt twice if not triple their normal weight. It was an effort getting my hand to touch my mouth :). Funny how we don't even think or realise how even a small task as washing your face etc., needs some effort from the muscle involved in that task.

Looking at how the reps are going, I may have to increase the d/bell weight by another 5kg, taking it up to 20kg instead of the 15 I'm currently lifting now. What do you think Tim?
Possibly. But of course as you this has the potential to increase fatigue at a rate that may hinder the completion of reps later in the experiment. Then again, even rotating intensities throughout the day (as one might do if using a DUP template in regular training) might be interesting.

Tim.

Possibly. But of course as you this has the potential to increase fatigue at a rate that may hinder the completion of reps later in the experiment. Then again, even rotating intensities throughout the day (as one might do if using a DUP template in regular training) might be interesting.

Tim.

I hear you thanks a lot mate. It's definitely getting harder now Tim.

Fourth session

12:37 to 12:48
EZ bar curls 25kg x 27, 15, 12, 10, 10, 10, 10, 6 = 100

12:50 to 12:55
French curls 15kg x 45, 30, 25 = 100

My experience with the biceps curl is interesting to say the least. The eccentric phase of the lift is now becoming harder, having to work at decelerating the bar, even though it's only 25kg, a weight I manage 37 reps with about 3 or so hours ago. My arms are fatiguing at their core level; nothing superficial here (as I somehow expected), in having some mighty pump etc. Nothing of the sort, as everything is very deep, giving my arms a feeling of heaviness (and fatigue) overall. You don't feel that local fatigue until you begin lifting.

I don't see an issue in dropping the weight as the sessions progress. What I do find interesting is that you're using a higher weight on your biceps than triceps when the tricep is the larger muscle group...I guess the French press is somewhat more difficult than say a push down

I don't see an issue in dropping the weight as the sessions progress. What I do find interesting is that you're using a higher weight on your biceps than triceps when the tricep is the larger muscle group...I guess the French press is somewhat more difficult than say a push down

Thanks mate. I won't be dropping the weight, as it feels just right, or it's feeling just right now as I progress with this pattern of lifting.

Your point regarding the Triceps is awesome (I've always had great respect for switched on bodybuilders). Here's the deal. I'm extremely strong in the French curl, so much so that I tore my right triceps long head back in 2009 whilst repping with a heavy weight (what else would you expect from a guy with overall short arms)! So since then, I've become very cautious of any exercise that places stress on my muscles whilst they are in a stretched position, as very much is the case with the lower portion of the French curls. Hence, I opt to use a lighter weight (and ease my mind of another tearing incident), yet rep the hell out of it until it begs for mercy.

That's the truth of the matter, and your attention to details is magical Champion. I thank you for every word you're sharing with me in this thread.

I think that's probably the better way of doing things actually. Keeping the weight the same and perhaps taking more sets to complete the 100 reps as the day goes on.

Great explanation re the French press weight. I certainly agree with you on the possibility of doing damage with heavy weight that focuses on the stretch rather than contraction of a muscle group. I really need to warm my triceps up with pushdowns before doing French presses, skull crushers and the like. Thanks for the insight Fadi

Fifth session

2pm to 2:14pm
EZ curls 25kg x 15, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 7 = 100

2:15pm to 2:21pm
French curls 15kg x 40, 25, 15, 20 = 100

My biceps do not feel like they belong to the rest of my body anymore. It's not just about the second set or the second rep feeling damn right heavy, it's the first rep in the first set that feels like the 25kg has just been transformed into a 50kg without me knowing. No pump in the biceps at all, just pure heaviness and deep muscle fatigue.

The triceps is a different story altogether. Feeling an awesome pump in the long head of the triceps, and performing the French curls seems to wake up the biceps, giving me a delayed sort of pumped feeling within (a muscle I just exercised and felt nothing but death whilst doing the reps).

This is getting very hard now, and it's becoming a real challenge and struggle just to do a single biceps curl. I'm still leaving the load reduction (as suggested by brother "White_Lie") an option to be had. We'll see.

Sixth session

3:22pm to 3:35pm
EZ curls 25kg x 20, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 = 100

3:36pm to 3:43pm
French curls 15kg x 50, 22, 15, 13 = 100

Instead of decreasing the load, I've decided to increase the rest intervals to 60 seconds, up from 45 seconds.

I wonder if there is such a thing as "a second wind" the way runners get after a while. If there is, I haven't felt it yet :D!

Half way!

Tim.
Hahaha, I finish work at 8pm, so we'll see how many more sessions I can squeeze in before heading home....to eat!

A word of advice to anyone who wishes to embark on such a crazy "let's see what happens" way of training. If and when you make yourself a hot cup of tea or coffee, please use both hands to hold it, as the nerves in your arms/hands do not work the way they did before doing these high repetitions work throughout the day. Thank you.

Last edited: