• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

"2 Peter 3:3-5 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

I reckon there are some people that need a god of some kind. personally I worship bo Jackson. Here is a picture of him crucified to a baseball bat.

Exodus 20-2-6 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. “You shall have no other gods before me. “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

He was with a spotter at the time of the incident.
I remember back in the early 80s at the AIS, when it came to spotting another weightlifter, we always spotted in pairs..., with matching height for a matching reach (if the weight was overhead) as in heavy jerking, or a possible uneven match in height between the two spotters if the exercise was a max-out front or back squat.

Taking up bodybuilding in mid 1984, I was surprised to see a one man spotter for anything and everything, even for critical and potentially dangerous exercises as bench pressing and back squatting.

Fast forwarding over 30 years since the 80s, I'm still scratching my head and wondering; why is that bodybuilder lifting below the 5 reps range, where the dominant (not exclusive), but dominant element here is in favour of muscle strength over muscle size, and the potential for injury is much higher, with more unnecessary stress placed onto the lifter's connective tissue and less onto the proper feel of muscle contraction!

it was almost fate for me today; riding a hybrid bike on a mountain path. I am getting too old for risky behaviour. Light weights baby for me.

it was almost fate for me today; riding a hybrid bike on a mountain path. I am getting too old for risky behaviour. Light weights baby for me.
That's on the same level as max effort benching alone without safeties!

Tim.

Walked into the gym today. First thing i see is a squat rack with safties too low. A squat rack with no safties. And a bench with the face savers too low.

I dont fucken get it. Im clearly missing something.

Tim.

fell on my back once, constantly could not get traction going downhill, ran off course several times. never again.

Personally I prefer environmentally unsustainable modes of transport.

This is me on my way to work last week -

image3.jpg