• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Snoochies

Do you lift, your diet is spot on, what do you do for fat loss workouts?

I've always trained to do tough mudder and even a marathon this year but never dropped any fat. I actually ate more.

Next year I am throwing these events in the bin to purely focus on fat loss. What workouts do you do in top of your lifting to help aid fat loss?

I've always trained to do tough mudder and even a marathon this year but never dropped any fat. I actually ate more.

Next year I am throwing these events in the bin to purely focus on fat loss. What workouts do you do in top of your lifting to help aid fat loss?
Focus on diet and lift/exercise however you like, fat loss will follow

Deadlift.

Squeeze in as many deadlifts throughout the day as you're able to do. Deadlift throughout the day each and every day. You won't just lose excess weight, your muscles and connective tissues would be used to the max in a healthy and positive manner. Also you endocrine system would be energised, giving you a feeling of wellbeing and a positive and optimistic outlook on life.

If you know how to pick something off the floor with good posture, then you know how to deadlift, naturally and without any need for complications. If in doubt, ask some of the deadlifters here on Ausbb.

For me, my deadlift is more of an Olympic weightlifting pull, minus the hip thrust and the shoulder shrug at the end. I do not do deadlift as in deadlift, however that'd be up to you. I would not recommend Romanian deadlifts nor stiff legged deadlifts. I'm after maximising on fat loss whilst keeping the exercise as simple as possible.

As for eating, each week eliminate something that you know you can do without. An example here would be few daily biscuits/ice cream/wine/beer or whatever you have on a regular/daily basis and know you do not need and/or can do without.

Keep it simple like that and before you know it your cloths would tell you that you've lost some fat (even though the scale might tell you you've lost none), as the deadlifts would do wonders in maintaining your muscles. As muscles are dense and fat is fluffy, your cloths (rather than your scales) would be a better gauge of measuring your progress.

Finally, you may have noticed that I did not once mention reps sets and weight. These I will leave for others on Ausbb to share with you if they wish. My aim and my focus here is not on these parameters no, as my only parameter here is the time factor. So I'd like you to say that today I deadlifted for 10, 20, 30, or whatever minutes. Once a feasible number of minutes has been reached each and every day, then and only then, you'd start throwing some focus on increasing the overall intensity by doing more work within that time frame you found as optimal for you.

I wish you all the best.

Last edited:
I think eating more is pretty normal. Also did some pretty rapid fat loss when i was younger:

- Lifted weights 3 times a week (evening)
- Did a gym cardio class (RPM) 3 times a week (evening)
- Practice rowing surf boats (by rowing surf boats with the crew) 4 times a week (morning)
- Ju-jitsu/wrestling 2 times a week (evening)

It got me thin really fast.

tough mudder, cross fit, marathons and the like are sporting activities you do them for enjoyment, they aren't going to make you any healthier in the long run.
the workout you do is the one you enjoy, the one that makes you stronger and more flexible.
if you like the low rep long wait between exercises then add an activity that raises the heart rate and makes you huff and puff.

keep busy in between if you have a physical job that's good.

the only thing that's going to help you lose fat is; "portion control " as in calories need to be counted.

It amazes me that this simple list of factoids need to keep getting repeated over and over.
just as slow progression in weight lifting is needed, it's more important to have slow weight loss over time

Not disputing that Goosey or looking for a quick fix. As mentioned earlier most of my cardio has been aimed at completing events so am looking at pure fat loss workouts and getting good info here. I have been progressing slowly to date so just getting a little bit more awareness and education as to what others do.

Cheers

Not disputing that Goosey or looking for a quick fix. As mentioned earlier most of my cardio has been aimed at completing events so am looking at pure fat loss workouts and getting good info here. I have been progressing slowly to date so just getting a little bit more awareness and education as to what others do.

Cheers

"pure fat loss workouts" do not exist, I don't know where you got that from.

ifyou are a sedentary type kid, then adopting something like fadi suggests, might be the go for you.

"pure fat loss workouts" do not exist, I don't know where you got that from.

ifyou are a sedentary type kid, then adopting something like fadi suggests, might be the go for you.

Met Con?

Cheers

The only thing that is "pure fat loss" is diet

Exercise should be done for pleasure. Find something you enjoy and perform it consistently.

However performing resistance training 3-5 times a week in conjunction with a calorie deficient diet will result in a better overall aesthetic appearance as you will recomposition your body with fat loss and muscle development.

Ok to be less technical, I am asking what workouts people do to help 'aid' fatloss instead of pure fatloss. I enjoyed running for a marathon and training for tough mudder none of which helped me lose any fat and I wrongly presumed people did pure fatloss workouts, hence why I'm here trying to figure out what people do to help 'aid' their fatloss between their weights/strength sessions.

Ok to be less technical, I am asking what workouts people do to help 'aid' fatloss instead of pure fatloss. I enjoyed running for a marathon and training for tough mudder none of which helped me lose any fat and I wrongly presumed people did pure fatloss workouts, hence why I'm here trying to figure out what people do to help 'aid' their fatloss between their weights/strength sessions.
the reason you didn't lose fat doing that type of training was because your diet was wrong

for gods sake there is NO TYPE of exercise that will help you lose fat if you're diet is wrong

got it?

yes diet is key (aided by exercise for health and musculature). after all, if I walk I hour, still only burn 500 calories for that hour.

I dropped my weight 6kg since Sept. 21, but did it nice and steady until December aiming to eat 500 calories less per day than I burned.

the reason you didn't lose fat doing that type of training was because your diet was wrong

for gods sake there is NO TYPE of exercise that will help you lose fat if you're diet is wrong

got it?

Is asking questions here about stuff you don't know about wrong or something, for crying out loud dude chill out.

I never said I did marathon training and tough mudder to lose fat, I know my diet was not suited for fat loss to do thise events.

I was here and I repeat again, that I was asking what people did for fat loss?

Now my error was that I thought people did fatloss workouts to which people have pointed there is no such thing, it's all diet. I don't disagree with this, since I stopped marathon training as I mentioned earlier I have started strength training and stuck to a diet and am getting results. My original question which seems to get everyones knickers in a knot is the question in regards to fatloss workouts.

It wasn't really a hard question was it?

I've never adjusted my workout in an attempt to lose fat.
ive only ever lowered my calorie intake.

for a new very young dude who has never lifted this is a little different in the sense that possibly his calories need to be doubled

Metabolic conditinioning is a great form of exercise protocol where the emphasis is on increasing muscle while at the same time improving heart and lung health.

I've done this for years and it takes time to biuld the intensity of work.
some times this method will take you places in your head that you don't want to go.
its not for everyone