• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Is asking questions here about stuff you don't know about wrong or something, ....

I was here and I repeat again, that I was asking what people did for fat loss?

It wasn't really a hard question was it?

Calories = 13500
Protein= 712g @ 21%
Carbs=1192g @ 35%
Fat= 655g @ 44%

Look at the above please. There was a time when I was saying the exact opposite to what some members are saying here, that is: it's exercise and the speed of your metabolism that was the ultimate determining factor in losing or gaining weight. How could I say or believe any different when you look at the calories and macro nutrients I was ingesting on a daily basis for no less than 16 weeks straight. The above was the minimum, as some days the total caloric count went up close to 15,000 per day. I wasn't 6,6" but 5,3"; not weighing 125kg, but 75kg.

Your question (which was very fair in my opinion), related to a method used for fat loss. My interest back then was what it is that I needed to do to actually gain some fat (not muscle) but fat.

So for me (and perhaps you may find some value in what I'm about to share with you), was how to reduce the speed of my metabolism in order to gain fat, or allow for some of the calories I was taking in to have an opportunity to turn into fat.

Based on the above, one can deduce that the speed of one's metabolism does in fact play a large role as a determinant of weight gain or weight loss. And since exercise and the volume and intensity of that total volume of exercise and extracurricular activities can in fact be monitored and regulated, one then can not ignore the fact that exercise does in fact have a huge role to play in any fat loss scenario.

Metabolic conditinioning is a great form of exercise protocol where the emphasis is on increasing muscle while at the same time improving heart and lung health.

I've done this for years and it takes time to biuld the intensity of work.
some times this method will take you places in your head that you don't want to go.
its not for everyone

My point was wasn't @Fadi; 's Deadlift routine a type of Met Con?

Fadi, I remember you once posted a Met Con workout of Power Cleans etc. Wouldn't a Met Con routine of Power Cleans and Presses be better than just Deadlifts if Fat loss is the purpose? More whole Body. Thanks.

Last edited:
Is asking questions here about stuff you don't know about wrong or something, for crying out loud dude chill out.

I never said I did marathon training and tough mudder to lose fat, I know my diet was not suited for fat loss to do thise events.

I was here and I repeat again, that I was asking what people did for fat loss?

Now my error was that I thought people did fatloss workouts to which people have pointed there is no such thing, it's all diet. I don't disagree with this, since I stopped marathon training as I mentioned earlier I have started strength training and stuck to a diet and am getting results. My original question which seems to get everyones knickers in a knot is the question in regards to fatloss workouts.

It wasn't really a hard question was it?

I responded to your questions twice politely that you completely ignored.

I'm happy you've finally realised that fat loss exercise does not exist.

As I said you should focus on whatever type of exercise you enjoy the most and perform it consistently.

It seems you don't have a lot of experience with dieting. My advice would be to download the myfitnesspal app for your smart phone enter your stats and it will setup a rudimentary calorie deficient diet for you.

If you want to post up any further diet related questions I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

Do you lift, your diet is spot on, what do you do for fat loss workouts?

I've always trained to do tough mudder and even a marathon this year but never dropped any fat. I actually ate more.

Next year I am throwing these events in the bin to purely focus on fat loss. What workouts do you do in top of your lifting to help aid fat loss?

HIIT is reputed to be one of the most effective forms of exercise for fat loss and increasing EPOC.

Fadi, I remember you once posted a Met Con workout of Power Cleans etc. Wouldn't a Met Con routine of Power Cleans and Presses be better than just Deadlifts if Fat loss is the purpose? More whole Body. Thanks.
What's Met Con? As far as "better", yes sure better. However as I've mentioned in my post, I'm not really after better, more than I'm after sustainability. And we both know when it comes to the skill factor required for power cleans, the deadlift would win hands down. Sometimes you can turn someone off by introducing them to something you and I would consider easy (or easy after some serious and repetitive bouts of performing it).

So in a nutshell, better is better only if your trainee is able to sustain it; easily manage it, and consistently looking forward to performing it. In no way I am saying you're wrong, I'm just focusing on a strategy that in my opinion is more achievable, at least in the initial stages of the program. I think (I know) that you know me by now, and you know how importantly I view the psychological element to be when it comes to getting someone to do something in a consistent manner, where a sense of achievement is quickly realised.

No I don't believe it is.

the deadlift is a good exercise but not just on its own, what do you think?

No I don't believe it is.

the deadlift is a good exercise but not just on its own, what do you think?
I can not but agree with you Andy, that the deadlift is good but not on its own. However as I've replied in my previous post, the deadlift was chosen for two very important factors, namely its simplicity and its effectiveness.

Once the trainee goes beyond the initial stages of the program (say couple of weeks of consistently successful deadlifting), we begin to introduce/add few more compound movements, again placing the emphasis on simplicity (relatively speaking of course).

Fat loss is entirely in the kitchen, even an untrained and untraining fatty can make enormous progress by limiting what goes in their piehole.

Potato guy lost over 100lbs, how many HIIT, deadlifts or tough mudder events did he do?

He probably would have lost 50 kg if he had just cut out the chocolate and soft drink. Then we would have a magical pizza diet.

Do you lift, your diet is spot on, what do you do for fat loss workouts?

I've always trained to do tough mudder and even a marathon this year but never dropped any fat. I actually ate more.

Next year I am throwing these events in the bin to purely focus on fat loss. What workouts do you do in top of your lifting to help aid fat loss?

Have not read any of the replies, but if your diet is spot on and you are lifting no need to do anything else.

A nice walk every now and then may assist.

Running marathons and doing long cardio events is not really desirable when you aim is to lift, it's counter productive.

Well I think it's not a big issue if you want to burned your unexpected fat, Simply control your diet and do some regular exercise like running, cycling.Remember don't pressure up your body just keep you relax and do regular exercise.