• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Before you really start to burn out and barely pushing out the last one

Yeah. My stamina is not crazy good either, figure if it was something we trained for (extended sets on pushups) we'd probably get to 100 reasonably quickly to be honest.

Tim.

Yeah. My stamina is not crazy good either, figure if it was something we trained for (extended sets on pushups) we'd probably get to 100 reasonably quickly to be honest.

Tim.

Yep used to train push ups daily, in my peak was doing about 500-1000 per day, was all part of my training back in the day, as well as about the same in sit ups, leg raises and unweighted squats. At one stage I was teaching three classes a day five days a week, each class would involve doing 200 push ups, then there was my own training.

Used to do as many as I could, rest and repeat over and over. The focus was on the total number of reps for the session rather than the number of sets.

So by the ends I may have only been doing 3 or 2 or 1 push up per set, aiming for an overall total number, started on 100 , so it may have taken me 10 sets to get to 100 at the start till you could do it in 2 or three sets, increase the number to 150 then 200, the 250 etc etc, does not take long to be able to do 50 or 100 push ups in one set, the body adapts very quickly to it as it's mostly endurance rather than strength.

Last edited:
Push up is a really good exercise to build muscular endurance in your chest as well as your arms.Start off by doing 50 repetitions a day and therby increase a rap every other day or two.