• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

simo74

Manky Pommie Kunce
What are people using ? I Don't want to get too scientific and into weighing everything but want an easy way to break down a days food into macros and overall calories?

My fitness pal is great. Even if you just want to make sure you hit a daily protein target but it's also awesome if you're trying to calorie restrict

If you are tracking micros, you either do it properly or you don't do it at all. There is no "easy" way to track macros, at least, not accurately.

Just plug in your food you want to check into the calorie king database.

http://www.calorieking.com.au

Maybe "easy" wasn't the right way to put it, I really just wanted to get a handle on the breakdown of my current diet with regards to calories, carbs, fats and protein. I have a very consistent diet each day so it shouldn't change too much day to day. I am training for strength right now and plan to make small adjustments to the diet based on progress, I am not trying to get back the Abs I bnever had ;-).

Thanks everyone that App looks like it might do the trick.

I tried My Fitness Pal and found Calorie King a nicer website to use. No mobile app, but I'm not that obsessed and it's probably a good thing I can't log everything into my phone and waste time.

http://www.calorieking.com.au/today/

I log a few days worth of eating into Calorie King, get an average, and then make adjustments where needed. Then I just eyeball my food. Having an extra 10-20g of chicken or rice isn't going to do anything. All the shitty food in between is what will ruin your macros.

I don't think so to look up food. But if you have a login, it will save your foods, which is handy. So if I make protein pancakes, I can save the whole recipe for next time.

I tried My Fitness Pal and found Calorie King a nicer website to use. No mobile app, but I'm not that obsessed and it's probably a good thing I can't log everything into my phone and waste time.

http://www.calorieking.com.au/today/

I log a few days worth of eating into Calorie King, get an average, and then make adjustments where needed. Then I just eyeball my food. Having an extra 10-20g of chicken or rice isn't going to do anything. All the shitty food in between is what will ruin your macros.
On myfitnesspal you can use the mobile ap to scan barcodes to import food into your daily intake. So awesome.

My fitnesspal is easily the best option available. Most foods are in there, and if they are not its super easy to add then to the database. Membership is free, though there is a premium option but i doubt most people would ever need that.

In saying most foods are in there...i havnt had to add a food to the database in about 2 years.

Tim.

On myfitnesspal you can use the mobile ap to scan barcodes to import food into your daily intake. So awesome.

Yeah I intentionally don't use MFP for that reason. I'm already obsessed enough with tracking food. That would totally control my life.

A lot of the entries on mfp are incorrect or from other countries. Calorie king is more accurate. For most people that won't really matter however.

A lot of the entries on mfp are incorrect or from other countries. Calorie king is more accurate. For most people that won't really matter however.

Just double check before you use one in MFP. There is usually an entry that has been copied from calorie king in MFP. Once it's in your frequent foods you are set.

Just double check before you use one in MFP. There is usually an entry that has been copied from calorie king in MFP. Once it's in your frequent foods you are set.
Exactly. Its really not rocket science to see the correct and incorrect.

Tim.