• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Those of you who have switched to a home Gym, how's it working out?

Love home gym.

Distance is a factor to me, but even if I was living next door to a commercial gym I would not really go there.

I like training my own way, barefoot etc I also don't like waiting for equipment, or having people waiting while I use stuff, does my head in.

I don't like the music in commercial gyms, don't like to posers etc etc

Sometimes I like no music, sometimes I like TV sometimes I crank music loud other days I like it quiet, my gym I do what I like.

I leave my equipment set up at my starting weights so when I do train I can jump straight on and go, weights are where I left them and equipment is set up how I left it. I am at home to watch the kids, my dogs are with me when I train etc etc

Last edited:
Love home gym.

Distance is a factor to me, but even if I was living next door to a commercial gym I would not really go there.

I like training my own way, barefoot etc I also don't like waiting for equipment, or having people waiting while I use stuff, does my head in.

I don't like the music in commercial gyms, don't like to posers etc etc

Sometimes I like no music, sometimes I like TV sometimes I crank music loud other days I like it quiet, my gym I do what I like.

I leave my equipment set up at my starting weights so when I do train I can jump straight on and go, weights are where I left them and equipment is set up how I left it. I am at home to watch the kids, my dogs are with me when I train etc etc

the big big plus is having all the equipment set-up

Love it, no waiting for the rack, can have multiple bars / bells set up for super or giant sets without anyone fking off with them. There is less pussy to look at but that's just a distraction anyway ;-)

Haha. I like home training. But i still split my time 50/50 between here and NPS Labs. Cant beat the atmosphere of a real strength gym.

Tim.

But you also cant beat the easy access of a permanent home setup. Like Mick, i leave it ready to go for whatever the next session entails.

Tim.

Love my home gym. Refuse to train in a standard commercial gym. If there was a powerlifting type gym near me I'd go there at least sometimes. No matter how motivated you can't beat having other motivated people around you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cant beat the atmosphere of a real strength gym.

Tim.

I have to agree there, if I had a proper strength gym I would certainly go there occasionally, I did when I was living in Sydney, I used to drive past about 8 fitness firsts and the like along the way.

I have a good home setup, but I try get to PTC whenever I possibly can. I train better there every time, it's hard not to be motivated once I'm in there.

When I have the money and space I would like to setup a home gym.

However I do like going to a gym to get myself "in the zone" but obviously the over crowding (particularly in London) is shiet

Much prefer home gym, working out in your underpants is good too

Wot? I gotta dress up as well?

It's not called "arse to grass" for nuttin'.

28c4f292bbe61683f90c65e3cf3edf9f_400x1000.gif

Last edited:
I like it. There can be a full class on and i can just wander through when i get home from work in my suit.

Can't beat anytime its got a great atmosphere some of the music played is good and gets me pumped