• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WoodyAllen

The Asia/Oceania Powerlifting & Bench Press Championships are on this week starting Monday 5th.

Live stream here: http://goodlift.info/live.php

Special note is that this is an international event so world records can be set. I will be watching the 120kg+ group on Saturday 10th as Jezza Upea should be able to break the current squat world record.

If history is any indication, the lighter weight classes should be a real bun fight.

Also, my gym bro, Josh Patacca will be lifting in the Juniors in the 120+kg class, hoping to break the 300kg deadlift barrier. His numbers have jumped up a lot since he started training at Melbourne Uni under the eagle eye of Robert Wilks.

Watching it now. Its been equipped so far and some bench only lifters. 72kg women lifting now.

Mid range powerlifting groups on tomorrow. 66-83kg. Sub juniors up to all masters men. Open lifters start on Friday. Big guys are on Saturday.

Yes, but not local comps. Its more for the international ones. The $50 obviously doesn't cover the actual test as that is up around $1k, from what I'm told. So not sure what it's supposed to cover.

Frankly, if they want to drug test my hobby, I think the powers that be should pay for the lot. And a cuppa with a gingernut cookie after.

My boi lifted 305 in the deadlift. Silver in the juniors in the 120+kg class. Got silver, finishing just 15kg behind Paxton Brown. I was expecting a 50kg difference so he did real good.

Live stream today has distorted sound and no weight or other details shown. Someone has been fiddling with the feed.

So Ray lost his world record but has a psychological advantage with his US record of 450kg.

No, wait. He "only" squatted 455 as well, but not a world record cos it wasn't an international comp. USAPL nationals.

If Jezza can add 10kg to his past bench and deadlifts from World's in June, he will have a new world record total as well.

Last edited: