• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Maybe I'm a bit biased due to my Father dying with Prostate Cancer. If you had a good Endo and Doctor I assume the odds would be in your favour nowadays ..... hopefully.

I have wondered about trt myself over the years. I got a test just for interest when I was about 30 and it was almost low enough to qualify. It surprised the hell out of me. I got another test at about 40 but cbf ringing the doctor to find out the result. (They had special times to call.) I don't think I need it but it would be nice to be able to look at a puppy without weeping.

My family is full of prostate cancer so trt wouldn't frighten me. I'm going to get it, trt or not.

I have wondered about trt myself over the years. I got a test just for interest when I was about 30 and it was almost low enough to qualify. It surprised the hell out of me. I got another test at about 40 but cbf ringing the doctor to find out the result. (They had special times to call.) I don't think I need it but it would be nice to be able to look at a puppy without weeping.

My family is full of prostate cancer so trt wouldn't frighten me. I'm going to get it, trt or not.

Yep, but I think that once you start showing signs of Prostate enlargement or PSA levels rising your Endo/Doctor will take you off the TRT. If you've been on TRT for awhile and aging your Nuts might not recover from the TRT so quality of life may take a big dive. Heard of blokes being refused HCG by their Doctor while on TRT. That'd be OK though if you could get prescribed TRT and HCG. But doesn't HCG have side effects long term?

When my Father had Prostate Cancer I'm pretty sure they were injecting him with Estrogen to suppress Test production.

I assume it's the same if you show any symptoms of having a possible Stroke etc, they'd pull you off TRT, then your life goes shit because your Nuts have atrophied so much due to the TRT.

Last edited:
I'm on try in Aus age 26. I can tell doctors don't know shit especially GPS and endos. Fucking backwards took me moths to find a fox even then the stuff u get is shit overpriced and most doesn't work

I'm on try in Aus age 26. I can tell doctors don't know shit especially GPS and endos. Fucking backwards took me moths to find a fox even then the stuff u get is shit overpriced and most doesn't work

What were you prescribed?

Go to chemist warehouse website type testosterone and u can see what's avail

I like it when young guys chasing test say GPs are shit because they won't give it to them. Lol.
Actually bro I've had my levels of 6.5 nmol told me its normal clearly not just chasing test cause I love putting this shit in me for the rest of my life

Actually bro I've had my levels of 6.5 nmol told me its normal clearly not just chasing test cause I love putting this shit in me for the rest of my life
I fully respect what you say and the way you feel; a sense of utter frustration at a system that is a bit too arrogant for my liking. Hence, I said what I said initially, that Australia is behind Europe and other less advanced countries when it comes to the subject of low levels of male hormones.

Speaking to a doctor friend of mine, he tells me that those "normal" numbers keep on being reduced. So what was considered low in year xxxx, is now considered normal (even low normal) is still normal. It seems like, "hey, lets do anything we can to justify the denial of these male hormones to our Aussie men." It's sad really, as a normal level of testosterone helps a man maintain a certain level of health (and disease prevention) that is not achievable without such a level.

Your forum name maybe Jungle, but you're far advanced in your thought process than the very people who are denying you what you really need.

I empathies with you for my level was around the 9 mark few years back now.

Last edited:
6.5, my understanding is that such a level is going to be considered with TRT medicine assuming other factors are considered when judging why there are low levels.

Where are these world leading examples overseas, and how are they world leading?

what is wrong with Aust's approach.

When serum total testosterone is less than 6.9 nmol/L in repeat samples, there is little doubt that true hypogonadism exists. If the results are in the range 6.9–11.1 nmol/L, therapy might be considered if there are symptoms and signs of androgen deficiency.
In Australia, the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme subsidises testosterone (Box 4) ‘on authority’ for males with established pituitary or testicular disease. For men over 40 years old without such disorders the serum total testosterone must be below 8 nmol/L, or below 15 nmol/L in association with concentrations of serum luteinising hormone more than 1.5 times the upper limit of normal. To qualify for subsidised treatment, the patient must have a low testosterone on at least two occasions.
Therapy aims to restore serum testosterone to the mid–normal range and correct symptoms and signs of androgen deficiency.
https://www.nps.org.au/australian-prescriber/articles/low-testosterone-in-men

Thanks mate, yeah there seems to be a bit of ignorance towards treating it in Australia and if you have to go the illegal rout and try self medication its seen as a criminal fence that can get you locked up. Talk about kicking someone when there down. Mate to be honest I don't even think some European countries are just as backwards. Hopefully in the next coming years there will be more positive information put out there about testosterone and the shit it can cure as apposed to the bullshit stigma purportrated by the media