• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Why should it be spart when women are offered it as soon as they reach a certain age and yet men's needs are almost completely ignored.

you may be right; I don't know how many women are getting it or whether they should be getting it.

but I am sure genuine cases of TRT are addressed. my testosterone has dropped, but still well within normal range for a young man, albeit at lower range.

And that's a very valid point indeed..., and the medical community knows it, so there's no point dancing around the issue.

My ears are aching from constantly hearing about how testosterone might speed up the proliferation, or even cause prostate cancer. Yet, for every time the word prostate cancer is mentioned in the context of male hormone, one ought to also mention the words breast cancer in women (replacing estrogen/progesterone), yet (and that's partly Darkoz's) and my own frustration, it is not mentioned.

As Darkoz has correctly stated, one is encouraged, whilst the other is not only discouraged, but has been ignored all the way since the 1950s until our present day.
Yes and the thing is I reckon every bloke if he lives long enough will get prostrate cancer eventually and if a bloke in his 60s or 70s can have his quality of life improved with TRT then who cares whether he'll get prostrate cancer since he'll more than likely die of other causes long before he would die from prostrate cancer.

Do you think you need it?

No, but thought being 21 again would be great.

You only need two tests proving your levels are below a certain number to be considered for it. Once you go on TRT you are taking a risk, both from the TRT itself and if you have to come off. Even if I was your age Darknutz, I'd think about it long and hard before jumping on.

you may be right; I don't know how many women are getting it or whether they should be getting it.

but I am sure genuine cases of TRT are addressed. my testosterone has dropped, but still well within normal range for a young man, albeit at lower range.
Pretty much every woman who reaches menopause is offered HRT

some of latest studies dispute whether testosterone raises risk of prostate cancer, only a problem if you have something wrong with prostate.

some of latest studies dispute whether testosterone raises risk of prostate cancer, only a problem if you have something wrong with prostate.

yes, a lot of the myths have been debunked, but gee, it's still a big step.

I'm pretty naive about such things but if the risks from stopping TRT stops someone from considering using it, why come off at all?

Surely there must be a therapeutic dose that will improve quality of life without causing the kinds of issues common among abusers of PED's.

Not a loaded question or a pisstake, I'm genuinely curious. In fact, I wonder if I might have low T based on symptoms (and I'm turning into a cranky old kunt) and have considered my options without actually researching anything (wouldn't know where to look anyway)

lps, what is your blood test level, latest test. mine is 16nmol, my mate has 25

I've never had it tested. I don't think I have a problem, I just wanted to be 21 again. Live like [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION]; again.

I guess what I find frustrating is that in this day and age, in the media and everywhere else it's all about women's health, while men's health is simply shrugged off or ignored.

I'm pretty naive about such things but if the risks from stopping TRT stops someone from considering using it, why come off at all?

Surely there must be a therapeutic dose that will improve quality of life without causing the kinds of issues common among abusers of PED's.

Not a loaded question or a pisstake, I'm genuinely curious. In fact, I wonder if I might have low T based on symptoms (and I'm turning into a cranky old kunt) and have considered my options without actually researching anything (wouldn't know where to look anyway)

Fek, spending my Saturday night with you kunce :p

You hear of the occasional person having to come off TRT due to issues like blood pressure, blood clotting and a number of other issues. Being 55 and living like a 21 year old (due to the TRT) prolly itself is going to have some negative effects.

biggest side effe3ct I have had in recent years is less sex drive. But I am glad about that.
I've noticed a decline in sex drive these past 2 years but I'm fucken grateful since I'm single now I'd be crawling the fucken walls otherwise.
Having said that I don't want to sound like I'm bragging but the last 3 women I was with, one was 25, one 36 and the other 45

Last edited:
Fek, spending my Saturday night with you kunce :p

You hear of the occasional person having to come off TRT due to issues like blood pressure, blood clotting and a number of other issues. Being 55 and living like a 21 year old (due to the TRT) prolly itself is going to have some negative effects.

I know, depressing enough thought without being reminded off it :D

I don't want to go stupid, did too much of everything in my 20's but quality of life in the low to mid 30's would be nice and with children "almost" at the point of not needing 100% of our time 100% of the time it would be good to actually be able to feel like I used to, damn kids have sucked the life outta us.

unfortunately 55.

no, just from ageing.

I'm not there yet (in chronological age but physically I'm feeling it) and I'm at the point where these things weigh on me.