• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

simo74

Manky Pommie Kunce
Any of you guys and gals watch athletes or lifters on you tube, share any good ones you watch here.

Here is a couple I watch:

Matt Vincent, he is from the US and is a highland games athlete and 2 times world champ, although even he admits its a pretty minority sport so he doesn't take titles too seriously. His vids are a mixture of training as well as his travels, competing and general life. Some interesting vids and good to see someone who trains for performance rather than a six pack.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-EHVRgFKSj33ZyWj1NFiRg

Brian Alsruhe (or AlphaV on T nation if any of you still go on there) - Brian is in the US and is strongman competitor in one of the lighter weight divisions (230lbs I think), his vids are a mixture of his training as well as advice on simple programming, tips for the main lifts etc.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlphaTnation/featured

I watch quite a bit of fitness related YouTube channels, or listen when at work.

ATHLEAN-X
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe0TLA0EsQbE-MjuHXevj2A
Shows you how to actually train the muscle you think you're targeting. Everything is backed up with examples and science. Can't fault the guy.

These channels I kind of browse, but don't subscribe. A few good how-tos, podcasts and motivation for training.
https://www.youtube.com/user/athrall7
https://www.youtube.com/user/ScottHermanFitness
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC68TLK0mAEzUyHx5x5k-S1Q
https://www.youtube.com/user/NalewanyjFitness

And then if you want drama, check out Jason Blaha, Jerry Ward, Layne, Rich Oil Piano, etc.

Don't watch any of it, most is just rehashed and regurgitated information anyway. Then there are the ones that are just wrong, providing wrong and misguided information.

I do watch some BBQ and grilling videos, as that stuff is just more important.

And then if you want drama, check out Jason Blaha, Jerry Ward, Layne, Rich Oil Piano, etc.

You watch a lot of YouTube Steve. Explains your Bodybuilding 'focus'. Layne Norton drama???

Yeah I cruise a lot of those Channels too. Not so much anymore.

Lol at @Big Mick; getting all his Lifting and Nutrition knowledge from a BBQ channel. Explains a lot.

Don't watch any of it, most is just rehashed and regurgitated information anyway. Then there are the ones that are just wrong, providing wrong and misguided information.

I do watch some BBQ and grilling videos, as that stuff is just more important.

Don't be shy Mick share the best ones so we can all master Portuguese chicken on the webber.

You watch a lot of YouTube Steve. Explains your Bodybuilding 'focus'. Layne Norton drama???

Same, used to watch those channels a lot more, now it's all rehashing old dramas.

Basically in a nutshell:
- Blaha called out Layne as being a fake natty. Gave facts and figures that were undeniable.
- Without a leg to defend himself publicly, Layne privately sued Blaha.
- Blaha moved all his assets offshore and had to pay nothing. Layne came off looking worse as he had huge legal fees with no gain, and still can't deny being a fake natty, hurting his online PT business.
- Layne posted up personal details about Blaha. Blaha constantly posts up videos loading pistol ammo, but no one ever confronts him lol.
- Jerry Ward tried to cash in on YouTube views by trying to jump in the middle, but no one really listened.

The other bodybuilding stuff is just interesting training techniques and learning why certain exercises are worthwhile or not.

Other than fitness channels, I do watch a bunch of mountain biking vids in the same vein; how to upgrade parts, tune your bike, why it's worthwhile to upgrade certain parts. Still interested in cars somewhat so still follow Mighty Car Mods.

One thing to be mindful of is the soapbox steroid users.

the dickheads that tell you to use their program, use dedication eat what they eat but neglect to tell you they have a cupboard that resembles a Mexican pharmacy.

what we need is just the truth for once.

lifting weights and dieting is very simple, you really don't need to watch most of these idiots

^totally agree with this [MENTION=3627]Goosey[/MENTION] there are a tone of people out there that are not worth listening too or watching. But some are entertaining and even talk some sense unfortunately you have to wade through the BS to find them!! I certainly wouldn't recommend the youtubes as the place to go for someone wanting to get advice on lifting, but for entertainment some of it is OK.

crystal-radio-kit-cardboard-tube.gif

One thing to be mindful of is the soapbox steroid users.

the dickheads that tell you to use their program, use dedication eat what they eat but neglect to tell you they have a cupboard that resembles a Mexican pharmacy.

what we need is just the truth for once.

lifting weights and dieting is very simple, you really don't need to watch most of these idiots

This x10.

Lifting weights is not rocket science and most people over think and over analyse IMO.

This x10.

Lifting weights is not rocket science and most people over think and over analyse IMO.

Yes, but not everyone knows everything.

C'mon Mickey, does even a Man of your vast experience, knowledge and intellect *cough* claim to know everything and to not need to be reminded of the stuff they already know?

I don't need some roid muncher to tell me how to lift some weights.

How do you know the rubbish posted on YouTube is even right?? This is where a lot of beginners go wrong and get confused.

Any peanut with an smart phone and internet connection can make YouTube videos and post them up as fact.

So how will a beginner know which information is correct?? Certainly not from watching YouTube.

I don't need some roid muncher to tell me how to lift some weights.

How do you know the rubbish posted on YouTube is even right?? This is where a lot of beginners go wrong and get confused.

Any peanut with an smart phone and internet connection can make YouTube videos and post them up as fact.

So how will a beginner know which information is correct?? Certainly not from watching YouTube.

Mick are you seriously criticizing others for claiming false information as fact.

Mick are you seriously criticizing others for claiming false information as fact.

He's so persistent its comical. It's a war of attrition with Mickey. He just keeps on going.

But, that's why we love the kunce!