• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
^^ I understand what both of you are saying, but a question for you, do you think the advise on YouTube is worse than the workouts we got from a weider magazine or one of our friends or made up ourselves back in then 80's and 90's. Didn't we all have to sort the wheat from the chaff and decide what worked and didn't ?

Probably not a bad point, but generally back in the 80's the Gym owner would walk you through your first few workouts, his qualifications was usually owning the gym.

I don't need some roid muncher to tell me how to lift some weights.

How do you know the rubbish posted on YouTube is even right?? This is where a lot of beginners go wrong and get confused.

Any peanut with an smart phone and internet connection can make YouTube videos and post them up as fact.

So how will a beginner know which information is correct?? Certainly not from watching YouTube.

And that is why you are Big Mick - you got strong while the rest of the idiots copy how to destroy your kidneys/liver and body "insert random youtuber here" or rich piana's "dead at 60" cycle lololol

What's your Powerlifting total Mickey? Oh wait, I just saw your sig - shit.

How many Bodybuilding Comps you Won Mickey?

How many top Bodybuilders and Powerlifters you trained Mickey?

What Exercise related field is your PhD in Mickey?

I'm guessing non of your answers to the above rival Layne Nortons!

Not trying to inflame anyone into wars, but just adding to the discussion, this bloke just won a comp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLCdJyuVp94

But is what he is about any good? Not if you use drugs that have no proper test or long term research periods.

You can win any comp, bench heaps, powerlift heaps, by using drugs, damaging your tendons, joints, bones, but remember that knowledge is not the same as what you look or accomplish as a lifter. Hence why physiotherapist and doctors don't look like bloody fitness models.

Not being inflammatory, just stating what you might have missed in your excitement and passion about your fav youtube vids. Being natural to me, without drugs, supplements or doing jerk movements that damage your tendons is the most crucial aspect of lifting.

Probably not a bad point, but generally back in the 80's the Gym owner would walk you through your first few workouts, his qualifications was usually owning the gym.

I grew up reading Weiders muscle and fiction magazines, it got me no where, wasted a lot of time.
it took a long time for me to realize that doing 4 sets a body part sub maximally was getting me nowhere and was in fact in an over trained state in a sense that I was actually losing muscle and strength
Someone once said: Success comes from good judgment good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment