• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Repacked

Punxsutawney resident
Seen your favourite snack food on sale? Seen chicken fillets at a mind blowing price? Got the inside track on [STRIKETHROUGH]gainz in a tub[/STRIKETHROUGH] killer ice cream? Well don't be a selfish kunce - help out your brothers and sisters and post a heads-up here!

Lol. People still got 2 hrs 45 to make out like bandits....
[MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION]; has a little longer :D
Came back to work today after just having 3 weeks off....no Connoisseur for me :(

Some will be pleased Zico coconut water is half price again this week at Coles, $3/L

Sherk might also be over the moon with John West tuna being half price at Woolies...

1. ....Connoisseurs ice cream, lucky we have a chest freezer, should last us for a while. But at $4.84 and a saving of $5.82 per tub.....

... and the phukkers are still making a profit. No wonder the European grocery chains are trying to get into our market.

... and the phukkers are still making a profit.

That is the only thing that annoys the crap out of me when they have all the 1/2 price specials at Coles, knowing that they are still making money on the stuff they sell, and really just kicking sand in your face about how much profit they make on the stuff they sell at regular prices.

Then there is the fact that our Coles only has one register open forcing people to line up or use the self serve check outs, I complained about this recently when I lined up and the manager pointed me towards the self serve check outs, "If I wanted to scan my own groceries I would have gotten a job a Coles." She did not see the funny side of it but got one of the workers to scan my stuff through at the self serve check out...

If they can sell a $10 tub of ice cream for $4.80 and still make money how much are they gauging people on a daily basis??

Last edited:
I wouldn't imagine they make a great deal on half price items. Same as the $1/L milk. Its absorbed by the rest of the system, the average punter doesn't just go and buy only things that are half price so they make enough money on the other items to cover it. The half price items are just to get you in the door

I wouldn't imagine they make a great deal on half price items. Same as the $1/L milk. Its absorbed by the rest of the system, the average punter doesn't just go and buy only things that are half price so they make enough money on the other items to cover it. The half price items are just to get you in the door

Agreed. But they're still making a profit on the half price item. Don't for one second believe their bullshit. If they were selling below wholesale cost, they would be blowing their trumpets about that fo sho.

It would be interesting to find out how much things cost them. They keep that quiet by holding suppliers by the balls.

Australis is famous or notorious, depending on your viewpoint, with their grocery markups. Thats why Aldi came to town. With essentially 2 supermarket chains controlling the market, its all Qantas and Ansett all over again.

Also, on the subject of ice cream, they sell it by the litre because if they sold it by the kilo (it is a solid, after all, not a liquid) they would have to drop the price by 40%.

If you have a 2L container of ice cream in the fridge, not he gourmet stuff, just no name or cadbury or bulla or whatever, and weigh it, it should be 2KG. Mebbe more because of the milk solids. (1 litre of water = 1kg). I did that once and it was waaaaay less. Why? Cos its pumped full of gas to fluff it up.

Don't worry. That burning feeling in your anus is not chicken vindaloo. It's Coles and Woolies.

Some products would have > than 100% markup, some would have less. Undoubtedly they employ loss-leaders to get people in the door also, especially during sales.

Agreed. But they're still making a profit on the half price item. Don't for one second believe their bullshit. If they were selling below wholesale cost, they would be blowing their trumpets about that fo sho.

It would be interesting to find out how much things cost them. They keep that quiet by holding suppliers by the balls.

Australis is famous or notorious, depending on your viewpoint, with their grocery markups. Thats why Aldi came to town. With essentially 2 supermarket chains controlling the market, its all Qantas and Ansett all over again.

Also, on the subject of ice cream, they sell it by the litre because if they sold it by the kilo (it is a solid, after all, not a liquid) they would have to drop the price by 40%.

If you have a 2L container of ice cream in the fridge, not he gourmet stuff, just no name or cadbury or bulla or whatever, and weigh it, it should be 2KG. Mebbe more because of the milk solids. (1 litre of water = 1kg). I did that once and it was waaaaay less. Why? Cos its pumped full of gas to fluff it up.

Don't worry. That burning feeling in your anus is not chicken vindaloo. It's Coles and Woolies.

They would charge exactly the same if it was by weight.

Ice cream doesn't have to weight 1kg per liter, some ice creams are supposed to be lighter and creamier. It doesn't have to be dense like a brick.

Agreed, can't see why it should weigh the same as water...doesn't the same volume of ice weigh less than water anyway?

They charge whatever they want and put it in whatever container size they want. Doesn't have to be multiples of a litre.
Take Ben and Jerry's for example, it's a random size of 458ml (probably weighs more than 458g due to all the extras in there) but is more expensive than the litre of Connoisseur, let alone your Peters, Paulls or Bulla

In all fairness, it's probably a WA pint. Ask for a pint over here and you very very rarely get a proper pint...still charge you for one of course