• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Australia

Hi there! does anyone here know of a good pad for landing on, after doing some explosive jumps to reduce impact damage?

Also, does anyone know of the type of damage the landing accumulates and what the corresponding field is called? (physiology?)

If anyone is an expert on the matter and has advice that would be great!!

I wouldn't get anything too soft, probably just increases the risk of rolling an ankle.
Rubber matting and decent shoes would be my recommendation, seems to work for most people doing box jumps

I wouldn't get anything too soft, probably just increases the risk of rolling an ankle.
Rubber matting and decent shoes would be my recommendation, seems to work for most people doing box jumps

Thanks, that is a good point! :)

I was thinking of the material that is used similar to the mousepads, the latex type firm rubber. I think they should have a variety on ebay! :)

Try Bunnings. I remember seeing sheets of rubbing padding there, like what you have on most gym floors.

There are also Clark Rubber stores in SA and Vic, if you live in either state. They have the same stuff as well.

I have something similar to the above for deadlifts - dampens the noise.
It also feels nice to jump on. Its got a higher density rubber on top, by low density on the bottom. So it gives nice footing without being too squishy

Wow that is a great link. Great type of padding for the purpose! Thanks!

Thanks again.

I might not buy the exact linked due to the price but I will look for similar dimensions and makeup, now that I have a reference.

Try Bunnings. I remember seeing sheets of rubbing padding there, like what you have on most gym floors.

There are also Clark Rubber stores in SA and Vic, if you live in either state. They have the same stuff as well.

Thanks.

I won't try bunnings, because they have lost my business due to their customer service; and monopoly of the market. Hope more competitors will give consumers more choices.