• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

simo74

Manky Pommie Kunce
I have been off training all this week due to bronchitis and sinus infection, on antibiotics and expect to be good enough to train next week. I am current training for strength following wendler 531. My last week of training was a deload week. My question to all is what would you do the first week back, repeat the de load or just jump straight back into the program?

Thanks man. I'm not in a rush so I was thinking a week to get everything firing again and to eat lots of food ;-)

I have been off training all this week due to bronchitis

46856626.jpg

c63769f576dcb2a10ab297a5516859a2.jpg

1339476349476_4920870.png

c60ecff6ea354b6ac657deac50fb31d3.jpg

bronchitis.jpg

bcf.png

1334537863980_1152352.png

cold_pop.png

cba6087489dad8c55216df6c31431a08.jpg

4XiwCj8.jpg

Seriously though, that sucks man.

[MENTION=16241]Headley[/MENTION] lol kunce
[MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION] I don't feel better yet but rekon I'll be ok to train next week. Just wondering what impact a week of not much feed and lungs like a fourth a day smoker is going to have on strength ?

Coming back to training after illness
1. Purchase some SWISS probiotics /35billion/capsule and take one in the am and on in the pm with food per day

2. Purchase one whole hormone free chicken and cook (whole) in a large pot on low heat for 10 hours. You may throw away the meat if it's too tough for you by then (or you may take it off the bone after about 2 hours) and continue simmering the rest for 8 hours more. It's the broth that you're really after here, with plenty of lemon juice added, as these two will really boost your weakened immune system and get you back on track better than you were before your illness.

No need for any structured program for the 1st week back into training. Your mind can do with less stress at this point in time, with full focus on doing what you enjoy lifting the most, with reps of no less than 15-20, as these would see to it that your muscles as well as your connective tissues are flooded with nutrients filled blood, from all the heavy duty electrolytes and the amino acid glycine coming from that chicken broth you've stored in the fridge.

4. After the above week has passed, it would be your mind and body who'd be urging you to get back into it, as now you would have been thoroughly regenerated /recharged both physically and mentally.

All the best to you sir.

1. Purchase some SWISS probiotics /35billion/capsule and take one in the am and on in the pm with food per day

2. Purchase one whole hormone free chicken and cook (whole) in a large pot on low heat for 10 hours. You may throw away the meat if it's too tough for you by then (or you may take it off the bone after about 2 hours) and continue simmering the rest for 8 hours more. It's the broth that you're really after here, with plenty of lemon juice added, as these two will really boost your weakened immune system and get you back on track better than you were before your illness.

No need for any structured program for the 1st week back into training. Your mind can do with less stress at this point in time, with full focus on doing what you enjoy lifting the most, with reps of no less than 15-20, as these would see to it that your muscles as well as your connective tissues are flooded with nutrients filled blood, from all the heavy duty electrolytes and the amino acid glycine coming from that chicken broth you've stored in the fridge.

4. After the above week has passed, it would be your mind and body who'd be urging you to get back into it, as now you would have been thoroughly regenerated /recharged both physically and mentally.

All the best to you sir.

Fadi all chickens in Australia are hormone free.

Well added hormone free.

[MENTION=2727]Fadi[/MENTION] thanks for that, looks like I will be getting my old bird to boil me a young bird tomorrow!!

Its a week off due to illness, just deload a bit until you feel better then smash it.

No voodoo involved and if a week out of sequence wrecks your gainzzzz then you have a problem that aint physical.

Decided to redo the deload week and use it as a reload week to get my old body firing again. Very glad I did, I really enjoyed last nights squat and bench workout but the DOMS in my legs today is not good. It amazes me what just one week of complete inactivity can do. Oh well at least I know my body will be good to start real work again next week.