• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I mean, full depth for a powerlifter, as opposed to shit partial squats made in other federations. For example, this piece of shit done in competition, not just a gym squat which is what Jezza did:

The puzzling part is, why get all shitty over a statement like that? My intent is to point out that, in a world full of interwebs warriors who are full of shit, here is a guy who is able to make a superhuman effort successfully and to do so in accord with the "pure" requirements for powerlifters. Not olympic lifters. He's not an olympic lifter. Not phaggoty crossfit, as he's not a crossfitter (obviously).

Correct. Parallel is proper depth in powerlifting (top of knee and hip crease in line) but almost always lifters dip a touch below that to make sure the lift passes. Going further than that lessens the chance of completing the lift, so part of the skill in performing squats is going "to depth", not a lot past that.

For example, an olympic lifter goes deeper, sometimes much deeper, purely because the actual lift is different. They are not just squatting down for the sake of squatting, as is the case for powerlifters. They are squatting to get under the bar so that it can be lifted to a minimal height during the initial portion of the lift. The snatch and C&J is not a squat. Its a bar lift. The squat just gets you under the bar to complete the lift. Just ask Fadi who was an olympic lifter. Thats also partly why powerlifting weights shit all over olympic lifts. 260 C&J? Phuk dat. I warm up with 260kg in deadlift. Cos its different.

Jezza's squat an incredible effort. And as repacked correctly pointed out, non of you fukkers (and myself included) could never even get that off the pegs, not to mention walk it out. You could probably squat to depth with it, but that would be the last thing you ever did. You would be literally crushed to death. Try it. Go into your gym and load up a bar with 250kg. Or 300kg. Or maybe 350kg. Now get under the bar and unrack it. Now walk it out then put it back in the rack.

Now come back and tell me that what Jezza is a pussy and barely broke parallel with 440kg. Fukyoo.

Maybe my original post was a bit flippant, but the bottom line is that we have here a guy repping a weight that would have broken the world record last year.

Jezza is the Narau Nightmare. Phuk all you haters.

ASP_6219.jpg

I bet within a couple weeks or months you could unrack that weight. I did some high pin squats for a while and got over 350 after not long. You get used to the weight really quick.

[MENTION=13432]WoodyAllen[/MENTION]; is jez doing bench only today, and full power later?
fab05c49575d6f8e5cbb1a937751b8f3.jpg

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Yes. He only got his first in. He lifts again on Saturday so lots of time to recover.

Steve Lousich did well with his bench. M2, 120kg with 198 bench.

I bet within a couple weeks or months you could unrack that weight. I did some high pin squats for a while and got over 350 after not long. You get used to the weight really quick.

That's how I Squatted (or Hoff Squatted) 200kg back in the 90s. I knew nothing of PLing but due to all the BB magazines I read I knew the Squat was king. I'd unrack 200, walkout 200, then gradually increase depth. Woke up on Garage floor a couple of times coz I'd do it at anytime like before Work.
The body adapts, bones thicken etc.

That's how I Squatted (or Hoff Squatted) 200kg back in the 90s. I knew nothing of PLing but due to all the BB magazines I read I knew the Squat was king. I'd unrack 200, walkout 200, then gradually increase depth. Woke up on Garage floor a couple of times coz I'd do it at anytime like before Work.
The body adapts, bones thicken etc.

I squatted 200 and over multiple times in my early 40s weighing under 93,but strangely i rate my 190x2 2 count paused squats as top.

yeah Bazza im pretty sure after a couple of weeks,you could unrack 470.hahaha

Barry seems a bit "gun shy" of you Gerry, he disappears when you're around. Barry was like Darkoz, he didn't mind arguing/trolling. Unlike Darkoz, Barry actually lifted and played Country league Footy. Darkoz admitted in 2017-18 that he hadn't lifted in years, then when he started lifting again it was HIIT (high intensity interval training) not real lifting. His body shows it

Barry seems a bit "gun shy" of you Gerry, he disappears when you're around. Barry was like Darkoz, he didn't mind arguing/trolling. Unlike Darkoz, Barry actually lifted and played Country league Footy. Darkoz admitted in 2017-18 that he hadn't lifted in years, then when he started lifting again it was HIIT (high intensity interval training) not real lifting. His body shows it

Bazza is alright,he displayed a certain level of knowledge on various things. I dont think he was afraid of me,but i tended to pull him up for his penchant for exaggeration. I just find some of his lifting feats hard to believe. I could be wrong but i dont think i am. Theres genuine powerlifters who post and lurk here,i think its best to stay honest. Not that im much of one anymore but i like the truth.

Last edited: