• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WoodyAllen

Some new substance added that are found in supplements.

http://cces.ca/news/wada-publishes-...il&utm_term=0_99c9e5c562-832a0c2840-310889469

The 2017 List of Prohibited Substances and the 2017 Summary of Major Modifications and Explanatory Notes are now available for download on WADA’s website in English and French.
Notable modifications to the List include:

• Lisdexamfetamine (an inactive pro-drug of amfetamine) was added to category S6. Stimulants.

• Nicomorphine was added to category S7. Narcotics. It is an opioid analgesic drug which is converted to morphine following administration.
  • Under category S3. Beta-2-Agonists, dosing parameters of salbutamol were refined to make it clear that a full 24-hour dose should not be administered at one time.
  • Arimistane was added as a new example of aromatase inhibitor under category S4. Hormone and metabolic modulators and higenamine was added under category S3.Both are prohibited substances that have been found in dietary supplements.
  • GATA inhibitors and Transforming Growth Factor-B inhibitors were added to category S2. Peptide hormones, growth factors, related substances and mimetics.
The List is an international standard identifying substances and methods prohibited in sport. It was first published in 1963 by the International Olympic Committee. Since 2004, WADA has been responsible for the preparation and publication of the List, which it updates every year.
Athletes can find out if their medications are prohibited using the following CCES resources, all of which will be updated on January 1, 2017, to reflect the new List.

Athletes can apply for a medical exemption if they are prescribed a prohibited medication for the treatment of an illness or condition. The CCES Medical Exemption Wizard (www.cces.ca/medical-exemptions) can help athletes find out if they need to apply for an exemption, what to include in the application, and where to submit it.
Further reading:

No, its all ASADA as they are the WADA affiliated body for Australia. Sort of like Powerlifiting Australia is the Oz affiliated fed of the IPF.

I assume that ASADA are just a bunch of bureaucrats and a few sample collectors. The actual testing is done by an outside lab, but don't quote me on that.

No, its all ASADA as they are the WADA affiliated body for Australia. Sort of like Powerlifiting Australia is the Oz affiliated fed of the IPF.

I assume that ASADA are just a bunch of bureaucrats and a few sample collectors. The actual testing is done by an outside lab, but don't quote me on that.

Oh, I have heard PA testing now also through SDTI Sports drug testing international. Do you know anything about that.

Oh, I have heard PA testing now also through SDTI Sports drug testing international. Do you know anything about that.

No, that's news to me. Not that it really matters.

I noticed that recently PA have been suspending lifters for not having their address up to date (part of the Where Is process) and for associating somehow (mebbe spotting or helping out, probably not actually competing) at other feds, as per the IPF rule book. Remember that recently IPF sent out a memo to all lifters via their web site to warm them away from attending an Ed Coen seminar, as Eddy boy has a lifetime ban after testing positive twice. Livin' the life, Eddy. Livin' the life.

No, that's news to me. Not that it really matters.

I noticed that recently PA have been suspending lifters for not having their address up to date (part of the Where Is process) and for associating somehow (mebbe spotting or helping out, probably not actually competing) at other feds, as per the IPF rule book. Remember that recently IPF sent out a memo to all lifters via their web site to warm them away from attending an Ed Coen seminar, as Eddy boy has a lifetime ban after testing positive twice. Livin' the life, Eddy. Livin' the life.

I am very interested in this, is this legal.

It's part of the IPF "code" so, by default, is part of the PA code. Unless it directly contravenes constitutional or human rights, I'm pretty sure clubs can demand all sorts of strange crap, even when it pushes the limits of legality. You wanna be in the Masons? Gotta learn the handshakes. And not be Jewish. Or black. Or female.

I think it's a bit over the top and maybe even a little vindictive, but it's one of the criteria you must agree to in order to be part of the club. (After all, CAPO put dbol in the chalk bin, right?) Considering the contentious history of powerlifting, you can imagine how that came about. Even today there are some pretty serious "back and forth" conversations between the "good guys" and "bad guys". It's not just the drug testing issue, there are major personality conflicts and disagreements about all factors of the process, and not just squat depth.

It's also related to why there are so many poofy federations out there, all diluting the world powerlifting pool. Someone gets their nose out of joint so they go get all their mates and start a new federation, like the Global Affiliated Heavyweight Yobbos (GAHY).

As morphine is a pain killer suggest it would be used to block the pain associated with lifting heavy things hence its potential to be performance enhancing, but get the dose wrong and cant see it helping much !!!

Yeah, I don't get the morphine thing. Remember some years back a guy getting pinged for having too much caffeine in his system? I think they ditched that restriction after those olympics.

As morphine is a pain killer suggest it would be used to block the pain associated with lifting heavy things hence its potential to be performance enhancing, but get the dose wrong and cant see it helping much !!!

Nah it affects too much of the body and brain. Weird. Anyways.