• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
AN AMERICAN woman has revealed how she transformed from a depressed bulimic to a strong and healthy bikini model.

Grace Marriott, 21, from Colorado, developed bulimia in 2011 after being bullied about her weight.
She wore baggy clothes to hide her frame and would binge on junk food then purge after every meal.
Grace struggled with the eating disorder for two years before she took steps to recovery after begin admitted to hospital in 2013.
3a71a12b83ff9fa9c374cd0e8ea4ce7f

Picture: Grace Marriott/Caters NewsSource:Caters News Agency

d5aac2b2374c3ea461ce0a3fdbd9ac60

However, the long-term damage of bulimia on her body meant she quickly gained over 36kg.
It was when she reached 109kg in January 2014 that she vowed to get fit.
In 2015, after recovering from bulimia, the fulltime nanny started training with a coach in preparation for her first fitness show.
And in August this year, the brave young woman strutted her stuff with confidence at the Warrior Classic Figure contest in Colorado.
ca0f2a00394c52566acedf7584cb8cf1

900b3b5a867b74017103e4e553c3df8f

4aac4bedfc482730bd2a113c55c76a48

Grace said: “I became conscious of my weight after the first time I got called fat when I was nine years old.
“I wasn’t accepted, so I resorted to something I thought would get me accepted and lose weight which was bulimia and those were the worst years of my life.
“I got help and became comfortable eating but wasn’t aware of the damage I did to my body so the weight packed on.
“I couldn’t fit into anything. I’d have to stretch out my school polo shirts every morning so they would be loose and not be tight on my body.
“I stopped wearing shorts and tank tops, I would only wear baggy clothes. I stopped going to college because I couldn’t handle just walking to class because I was so self-conscious.
“I made it to 109kg and that is what made me flip the switch in my mind I need to pay attention to myself. Finally, I’m comfortable and happy with who I am. I wanted to get on stage and show off all my hard work and how far I have come from the shy, depressed girl I used to be,” she said.
7e54732941e081feccf62da21fcb2378

dd67f131d2f6abeb738681d6dc8ec190

Growing up, Grace struggled with her weight and found she was often the target for cruel comments from her peers.
The bullying caused low self-esteem which spiralled into depression and a full-blown eating disorder by the time she was 16.
She said: “I loved sport and was on a softball team and the girls were really mean. I was made an outcast and would feel so down about myself.
“I felt out of place and not good enough and so since I already was told I was fat, I went back to that and thought that’s why I didn’t fit in and I started purging.
“I only saw myself as fat, ugly, and a worthless. With this I fell into a deep depression.”
988edfcd8e2617664a76fac7269b082d

a4384faaf4baa797357bc70f46a7ff74

Despite support from her mum, it was only after an overnight stay at a recovery facility in November 2013 that Grace decided to fight for her life.
She said: “The light bulb moment was when I went to a mental health hospital.
“I was completely alone in the process. I had to strip and get looked at by these nurses to see if I was hiding anything to harm myself. I didn’t feel like a person.”
After being discharged, Grace started to eat healthy meals and joined a gym which helped her lose 34kg.
She met with a coach, who helped her train for her first bikini contest in August by working out up to three times a day.
1eabb74d6a447141c3bc977e7c8a997b

10d51b94ee8a1cc53cb526a03207a585

She said: “I never thought I would be hooked on bodybuilding. Growing up I always just wanted to be skinny with no muscle. I hated the thought of even picking up a weight to get toned.
“When I met with my coach for the first time he saw such potential in me that I didn’t see for myself.
“He told me I would compete so I just went along with it. I am so happy I did. I have a place where I belong and where I take pride in my accomplishments.”
She added: “Being on stage is such an adrenaline rush.
“I acted like it was a runway. My coach, mum and dad and my friends were all there, so I was like I’m going to have fun, they know my personality so there’s no need to be shy.
“I was in such a beautiful suit, I had my hair and makeup done feeling so pretty, so I owned it.”
11dd0a3a84a4ecbff5d3a524bf7358f7

Although Grace has changed outwardly, she claims it is her confidence that has transformed the most and encourages other through her Instagram account @gracemarriott.
She said: “My whole life changed. I feel so amazing. I feel strong, confident and proud. I can walk into a room or any new situation with my head held high.
“I always want to go try new things, I no longer let my insecurities rule my life. I take mirror pics on end. I have met so many new friends and have gone out on dates. I’ve gotten noticed a lot more by guys, and get compliments I’ve never gotten before.
“I love who I am and excited to find out who I am becoming.”
348cb06e52c18dac49f9136f7c839a91

DIET BEFORE
Breakfast: Coffee, sugar free jelly, or toast
Lunch: Chicken salad, turkey sandwich
Dinner: Anything and everything
Snacks: Anything and everything
Dessert: Donuts, ice cream and cookies
Drinks: Diet Coke coffee energy drinks
DIET AFTER:
Breakfast: Eggs and oatmeal
Lunch: Chicken or ground turkey with sweet potatoes or rice and spinach
Dinner: Same as lunch
Snacks: Same as lunch
Dessert: None
Drinks: Water or coffee

Once people come to the realisation that success comes before work only in a dictionary, they begin to seriously improve, not only in sport, but life in general.

I've got only respect and admiration for people who "do" , than people who're forever "gonna" do. The difference? Simply an attitude of the mind.

Enough writing; it's time for some power cleans to liven up the spirit!

Last edited: