• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Here's a tip. Keep a Laundry bottle or something similar in the Car to piss in.

Yep, caffeine isn't as Evil short term as it's made out to be I think. Been doing OK with just lotz of water and Coffee.

Had a pint glass with half Milo and the other half Almond/Coconut Milk, eating the Milo with a spoon. Fever took off real bad - body aching and headache. Fark. I know its not the Almond/Coconut Milk as I've been having that consistently.

Must be the Sugar in the Milo triggers the Fever. Still haven't fully come down yet 2 hours later.
Fuck me, you wasted milo on almond and coconut milk

Old wives remedy..
Speaking of which, vicks on the soles of your feet and throw some socks on.

Big difference between the flu and common cold though. "Proper" flu will generally require antibiotics to nuke the virus

OK. This is the bottom line.

There is no cure for the common cold. Best way to deal with it is to stay home, rest, keep hydrated and subscribe to some service that will allow you to view all the boob scenes in Game of Thrones.

All of the "cures" are weak efforts to mask the symptoms. Some work better than others, but why mask it when all you need to do is rest and recover. This is what sick days were designed for. My apologies to the self employed.

Oh, and best sinus clogging fix is a mix of vics vapour rub (or, more accurately, eucalyptus oil) and lots of chilli in soup. That will blow your tubes out, but will not cure anything. Again, time resting is the only cure.

Flu is short for influenza and is a name covering thousands (literally) of viruses, most of which mutate to other variations over the years. That's why there is a different flu shot each year. The shot is made up to cover a small number of flu viruses that they calculate will be common over that particular year. The shot sensitises your immune system so that when the nasties turn up on numbers, it's pre-primed for the suckers. So if a new virus turns up, you can still get the flu even after having the shot and it won't work if you take it after you get the flu.

Antibiotics are for bacteria, not viruses. Taking antibiotics will do nothing to cure flu.

When you get the flu, you will feel like you have been punched in the kidneys by Mike Tyson, after he has raped you. And not in a nice way, like the innocent frolicking fun of Brock Turner (I wonder if the sentence would have been different if he was black). When you get a cold, you just feel like crap and have your immune system flood your sinuses with mucous to flush out the bacteria. People call the cold a flu, but believe me they never confuse a flu with the common cold. Different animals. Kind of like a mouse vs a gorilla.

So. Stay home, rest, drink lots of liquids. Same for the flu, only it takes much longer. Dats it.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Yep, caffeine isn't as Evil short term as it's made out to be I think. Been doing OK with just lotz of water and Coffee.

Had a pint glass with half Milo and the other half Almond/Coconut Milk, eating the Milo with a spoon. Fever took off real bad - body aching and headache. Fark. I know its not the Almond/Coconut Milk as I've been having that consistently.

Must be the Sugar in the Milo triggers the Fever. Still haven't fully come down yet 2 hours later.
Almond/coconut milk irritates the human nutritional bullshit system.

Prevention is better than cure. Lock yourself in the house, get woolies to deliver your almond milk and restrict social activities to electronic channels. Oh hang on, who am I talking to? How the fuck did you get a virus? I'm calling troll thread.

Get well soon.

Almond/coconut milk irritates the human nutritional bullshit system.

Prevention is better than cure. Lock yourself in the house, get woolies to deliver your almond milk and restrict social activities to electronic channels. Oh hang on, who am I talking to? How the fuck did you get a virus? I'm calling troll thread.

Get well soon.

Let me know your Postal Address, I'll send you some of my Mucus as proof!

xxx

Big difference between the flu and common cold though. "Proper" flu will generally require antibiotics to nuke the virus

"Antibiotics to nuke the virus"

Antibiotics will do absolutely nothing for a virus.

A tip. Get the flu shot every year or don't complain when you get sick.

Dont complain are you serious!!! If I dont complain how am I going to get my misses to cook my favourite food, wait on me hand and foot and generally treat me like a king for a few days ;)

Dont complain are you serious!!! If I dont complain how am I going to get my misses to cook my favourite food, wait on me hand and foot and generally treat me like a king for a few days ;)

Sorry. You are for sure allowed to complain to the Mrs. man flu is much worse.

Antibiotics are used for bacterial infections not virus
Common mistake that even doctors make