• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If he doesn't like the milk he won't like protein powder, it tastes like crap especially if he has not been exposed to rubbish like that the chemical taste will instantly hit him with the first sip. Easy to try let him taste one, bet he will screw his face up and probably spit it out.

why not get the high protein creamy milk??

Old folk are funny like that, they won't buy the good milk to save money, but buy the cheap stuff that tastes like crap.

What about this stuff, costs a bit more but has 70% extra protein (so no need for protein powder) and it has 25% less lactose, which can't be a bad thing.

http://www.thecompletedairy.com.au/products

And I have heard that it tastes great, I have not tried it as I can't buy it out where we are.

Best bang for your buck with no fuss, Optimum Nutrition whey. Relatively cheap, can buy it anywhere, a million flavours, mostly WPI, mixes very easily and digests fine. Extreme Milk Chocolate is the flavour if you want a "chocolate milk" taste. They also do a Double Rich Chocolate which isn't as sweet.

image_24157_original_X_450_white.jpg

You can't be serious, it's probably one of the worst ones out there, it's proprietary blend that does not even disclose what amounts of what are in there.

If it was a quality product why are they hiding the ingredients?? If I was selling a quality product I would only be too keen to advertise my quality ingredients, yet they simply claim that it contains WPI yet don't tell you how much.

If he doesn't like the milk he won't like protein powder, it tastes like crap especially if he has not been exposed to rubbish like that the chemical taste will instantly hit him with the first sip. Easy to try let him taste one, bet he will screw his face up and probably spit it out.

why not get the high protein creamy milk??

Old folk are funny like that, they won't buy the good milk to save money, but buy the cheap stuff that tastes like crap.

What about this stuff, costs a bit more but has 70% extra protein (so no need for protein powder) and it has 25% less lactose, which can't be a bad thing.

http://www.thecompletedairy.com.au/products

And I have heard that it tastes great, I have not tried it as I can't buy it out where we are.

As far as I know he loves milk, but for some reason thinks it's too exy.
that high protien milk is delicious I buy it.
as I said earlier I make him a drink with milo and malt and he literally breathes it in.
using the "hi protein" milk.

i think he remembers paying 25cents for a bottle (pint) of milk.

as I said at the end of the day it's his choice, I can only advise but for 80 he's doin alright

You can't be serious, it's probably one of the worst ones out there, it's proprietary blend that does not even disclose what amounts of what are in there.

If it was a quality product why are they hiding the ingredients?? If I was selling a quality product I would only be too keen to advertise my quality ingredients, yet they simply claim that it contains WPI yet don't tell you how much.

Micky. Mate. Surely they would not do that do us. You should be more trusting. No bull.

Sherk, i think he could do well to add more "easy to consume" form of Protien I don't believe eating more meat (at his age) is a good idea, his capacity to eat has become less, it happens to all of us.

He likes milk but does not drink due to the fact that he hates the idea of paying for full fat quality fresh milk.

i think he could benefit a lot from drinking a glass or two of milk a day.

fuck me, I'm running out of ways to present this lol.

Milk is still a dollar a liter isn't it, how is that too expensive?

Most off-the-shelf items in a supermarket list the ingredients in order of volume. Very few break it down to percentage. The ingredients clearly state it's a blend, and there's more WPI than WPC. The reason I mentioned it was because personally it was one of the easiest to drink and digest. I've tried brands that are a pure WPI and it felt like digesting razor blades.

As I keep saying, if you think protein powders taste like "chemicals", then stop buying shit powders. Plenty of good ones out there.

I think old Micky has misread the ingredients list. Protein blend... not proprietary blend.

Last edited:
Lol one of the worst ones out there. Nothing wrong with optimum. One of the best tasting.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Personally, bn wpc x 10 kg every time. Some of you kunce must have the digestive tracts of a 13 year old girl.

Personally, bn wpc x 10 kg every time. Some of you kunce must have the digestive tracts of a 13 year old girl.

That's what I do too, 10kg per order. Except the flavored ones like Banana, Cookies and Cream, Choc Mint seem to have something in them which my Body tells me (through slight nausea) that I can only consume them for a week or so at a time. Have to stick to the Vanilla and Choc.

That's what I do too, 10kg per order. Except the flavored ones like Banana, Cookies and Cream, Choc Mint seem to have something in them which my Body tells me (through slight nausea) that I can only consume them for a week or so at a time. Have to stick to the Vanilla and Choc.

Yer the BN WPC mixes well and the taste is OK. Some of the flavours are a little sweet but nothing so bad you gag. I like to mix mine with milk just cause it taste better and I get a few more calories that way. :cool:

As I keep saying, if you think protein powders taste like "chemicals", then stop buying shit powders. Plenty of good ones out there.

So what are the good ones?? I have tried the one you just said was a good one and found it to be the worst tasting one I have even had, actually threw it away as I could not drink it, made me gag just tasted like a mouthful of artificial sweetener and chemicals.

You seem to keep forgetting that I have probably tried more protein powders than what you have even seen and yes they do taste like crap.

The only protein powder that I have ever had that tasted nice was the old batches of Max's and Weider that were probably sold when you were still shitting your nappy, most likely even before that. And the old No Bull, which turned out to not even be a protein powder.

Try feeding any of this stuff to a normal person that has not grown up eating chemical cocktails of artificial sweetener and protein powder will make them dry reach.

I think old Micky has misread the ingredients list. Protein blend... not proprietary blend.

A proprietary bend is a name for a blend of ingredients that does not actually disclose what amount of said ingredients are enclosed.

When you buy a proprietary blend usually they are trying to hide something, and you are usually getting shafted.

Love it, we have people worrying about the exact protein grams in propriety blends of protein powders for senior citizens and fat 50 year olds.

Love it, we have people worrying about the exact protein grams in propriety blends of protein powders for senior citizens and fat 50 year olds.

Now this might be the most intelligent thing said on here all day.

So what are the good ones?? I have tried the one you just said was a good one and found it to be the worst tasting one I have even had, actually threw it away as I could not drink it, made me gag just tasted like a mouthful of artificial sweetener and chemicals.

In my opinion, the very best protein in terms of ingredients, taste, quality and texture is Dymatize ISO100. 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 lactose. I don't know how they make it tastes so good and digest, but they nailed it. The only problems it is expensive at around $140 a tub. I suggested Optimum Nutrition as they are a good compromise for half the price.

The other brand I highly recommend if flavour is a big deal is MTS Machine Whey. Every flavour has been mind blowingly good. Price is about middle of the range.

A proprietary bend is a name for a blend of ingredients that does not actually disclose what amount of said ingredients are enclosed.

When you buy a proprietary blend usually they are trying to hide something, and you are usually getting shafted.
Thanks for the insight yoda. Where in the ingredient list of optimum protein does it say proprietary blend??