• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Watching the vid (thanks Shrekster), notice that in the deadlift, even though he sets up with a deep squat position, the bar does not move until his back and quads form a 90 degree angle, and his head drops a bit so that it's in a neutral (straight) position.

Watching the vid (thanks Shrekster), notice that in the deadlift, even though he sets up with a deep squat position, the bar does not move until his back and quads form a 90 degree angle, and his head drops a bit so that it's in a neutral (straight) position.

There is a lot of movement in the bar before the plates come off the the lift was very nice and that dude has an incredibly strong low back and powerful glutes which are the prime movers in the dead-lift.
like Coan, he is built like a "block", built for powerlifting.

Pretty crazy stuff.

Too bad they only got 8 lifters to the platform in the end. Would have been great to see Eric do well...would have been nice to see a true eric v malan battle.

Rhyss Keane fucking killed it too. 1000kg total coming his way soon.

Malanichev was crook on the day too. Vomiting and a fever during warmups....still gets the job done. The man was made for nothing but powerlifting. Incredible human.

Tim.

Malanichev was crook on the day too. Vomiting and a fever during warmups....still gets the job done. The man was made for nothing but powerlifting. Incredible human.

Tim.

That's the second time I have heard of him being sick at a comp. Is there a pattern here? Mebbe I can make some big bucks selling flu virus as a pre workout.....

That's the second time I have heard of him being sick at a comp. Is there a pattern here? Mebbe I can make some big bucks selling flu virus as a pre workout.....
Yeah second time in OZ. Doesnt travel well to be honest.

None of them seem to. But he still produces. Eric doesnt seem to be able to compete outside of America. Shame.

Imo they need to travel here a little earlier than 2 days before the fucking comp. Kinda says they dont it overly serious.

Burley Hawk...his lifting was talked up for months. Maybe longer. Then everything went quiet on him 2 or 3 weeks ago. **** probably didnt even book a plane ticket.

Tim.

i think markos and emad are doing a great job with the concept and hope they persevere. Nothing like pressure for all the best to turn up to same meet to see who is the strongest man to man where there is no excuses. The rusky was far too good.

A trip like that, I would want a week at the venue town prior. Minimum. Plus a serious rehydration scheme and a shit load of melatonin. Surely they can't be that unprofessional....

I was talking to Chad Wesley Smith last night...(Yes, you heard that right :))
He said that Andrey has been sick a few times, and believes some of it stems from anxiety.

great photo next to strongest powerlifter in world. Any tips from him?

Nah not really from Chad. A few from Ernie Lilliebridge.
Just talked about the Big Dogs meet, a lot about other lifters like Zahir, Andrey.
Also about how he makes his money, the Juggernaut....
Really nice bloke.