• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Mundine now says he will not even come out for the Anthem. He will come out when it's finished.

This would be awesome

16960225b01aa4269b1176db8450c2d0.jpg

yes, that would be a nice picture. and then he gets up and announces he loves Australia as his brain gets some sense knocked into him.

When did the hating (by some) for this man start? I don't follow football or boxing, two sports he was/is involved in. So I don't know much about the man at all, hence the question.

For me it was when he said America deserved the 9/11 attacks.
Ah you're bringing back some old memories now Adrian. I also remember him making the news going on 16 years now. Do you remember what he was doing at the time, sport wise? And did he ever apologise for his ignorant statement or did he stick to it even when given a chance to "please explain?"

No apologies. That was the beginning, he's gone further downhill since.
Looses to Daniel Geale, clearly, blames the judges and pulls the race card..lol sore loser.

No apologies. That was thebeginning, he's gone further downhill since.
Looses to DanielGeale, clearly, blames the judges and pulls the race card..lol soreloser.
Thank you Adrian, see like I said, you know a lot more than me about this man's history.

Re this race card point you mentioned, and the statements he made few days ago regarding the National anthem and Mauboy singing it, he made plenty of racist comments without even realising it, hence my own statement about him being confused regarding his identity as a human being.

People (or Anthony himself) says that he has embraced Islam as his faith, yet for a faith that came to demolish racism, he's certainly coming across to me as being one hell of a racist Muslim. I'll give some examples to show my evidence for his blatant racism, ignorance, and hypocrisy all rolled up into one negative attribute.

Few days ago he said the following when asked by News Corp, "It's a racist anthem and doesn't represent our people.

It's disrespectful to our people. And this is close tomy heart. I like Jessica but it's not for our people. They are just using her because she is black." My finger is pointing at the word "our", as in Islam there is no "our" people, that in itself is racism basedon separation and division. There is one race in Islam and that's the Human Race.

"First and foremost I want to focus on the fight," he said. Again showing total ignorance of Islam as the sport of boxing is not permitted or accepted within that faith, yet many Muslims take part in it and excel. Hitting on the face/head is prohibited, period!

"I'm not trying to divide people or be controversial but you've asked the question and I'm answering it honestly to tell people where I stand. We're not young and free." Anyone who uses the term" our people" is pointing out a separation of sort between us and the "other"...., that in my book is explained as the causing of division and unnecessary controversy.

"My people are still being oppressed. Nothing's changed ... the anthem isn't right. It's not for all of Australia. I just can't stand up for something I don't believe in." Perhaps Mr. Mundine is still holding a grudge about the ill treatment of the Aboriginal people over 200 years ago now. If so, two wrongs have never and could never right a wrong. You're going about displaying your grievances the wrong way Anthony, and as is evident, it's backfiring big time.

The rugby league player-turned-boxer added he was "surprised" to see that Mauboy accepted the gig.

"That surprised me… but I can't talk forJess," Mundine said. I find that ironic Anthony, as for someone in your position, you know that you're not only speaking for Jess, but for a million Jess who support you for one reason or another. So cut the bull mate.

"She might not have researched or know the actual facts around the anthem. If she wants to do that, that's on her, but I want to educate black and white people." The best place to begin one's education is with one's self Mr. Mundine, and I tell you this as one Muslim to another.

There Adrian, that was my two cents worth...:)

Last edited: