• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WoodyAllen

Ray Williams. Say no more.

456kg squat. Raw. Drug tested. No wraps. Proper depth. In competition. No bull shit.

Super impressive squat... definitely could match if not out squat Lilliebridge and malanichev in wraps but drug tested does not mean drug free...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...but drug tested does not mean drug free...

As I have pointed out before, I have never said it was drug free, as no such thing exists.

All sports have drugs involved. WADA and ASADA and all the other national anti doping authorities are not, and never have been, trying to make sport drug free, nor are they "anti drug". It's not only impractical, it's dangerous.

In fact, all national doping authorities, and WADA, have web pages that direct you, or instruct you in how, to apply for a Therapeutic Use Exemption on ANY prescription drug. Yes, you can take ANY prescription medication if you can prove, medically, that you have a need for it.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/what-we-do/science-medical/therapeutic-use-exemptions

So, just to get your juices flowing, that means that you can take testosterone legally. It is, after all, a common prescription medicine found at any (OK, you may have to order it in if you live in Dubbo) pharmacy in Australia. As are the other steroids like cortisol or opiates like codeine and morphine. You just have to prove that you need it, which will not really work if you are a normal healthy male.

That was what was behind the recent WADA hack. It was supposed to "expose" the fact that drugs were part of the olympics, and other sports, which is, quite simply, completely retarded and, for those with the ability to click on the WADA web site, completely obvious. It targeted the toothless unwashed masses that think they live in some candy floss fairly land where John Wayne is their moral compass.

To put this plainly, there is only one (correct me if I'm wrong) international powerlifting federation that is drug tested: the IPF (under whose oversight the above squat was performed).

ALL of the others are not drug tested. Some may have a token "no drugs" stipulation/law (I think one here won't accept a membership from an IPF/ASADA banned lifter, but not certain) but they have zero drug testing. So one can assume that ALL those non IPF lifters are taking something (even if they are not) from a basic pre workout with a banned stimulant right up to a full blown Dan Green cycle.

I'm not making a personal attack on you, just pointing out the obvious.

However, to immediately knock a lifter just because they do something awesome is not constructive.

I can assure you that being the world's #1 squat & total record holder would mean Ray would be on the regular blood and urine test list of WADA, plus the whereabouts database and probably the long term blood test comparison list. Ray lifted in the world championships in June in Killeen (I was there so I know personally that it was a drug tested event) then again this month with random tests being a real possibility in the intervening 4 months.

I'm gonna go do some skwotz now. Non drug free, as I am gonna have a double shot coffee and a muffin that I swear has crack cocaine in it.

Last edited:
As I have pointed out before, I have never said it was drug free, as no such thing exists.

All sports have drugs involved. WADA and ASADA and all the other national anti doping authorities are not, and never have been, trying to make sport drug free, nor are they "anti drug". It's not only impractical, it's dangerous.

In fact, all national doping authorities, and WADA, have web pages that direct you, or instruct you in how, to apply for a Therapeutic Use Exemption on ANY prescription drug. Yes, you can take ANY prescription medication if you can prove, medically, that you have a need for it.

https://www.wada-ama.org/en/what-we-do/science-medical/therapeutic-use-exemptions

So, just to get your juices flowing, that means that you can take testosterone legally. It is, after all, a common prescription medicine found at any (OK, you may have to order it in if you live in Dubbo) pharmacy in Australia. As are the other steroids like cortisol or opiates like codeine and morphine. You just have to prove that you need it, which will not really work if you are a normal healthy male.

That was what was behind the recent WADA hack. It was supposed to "expose" the fact that drugs were part of the olympics, and other sports, which is, quite simply, completely retarded and, for those with the ability to click on the WADA web site, completely obvious. It targeted the toothless unwashed masses that think they live in some candy floss fairly land where John Wayne is their moral compass.

To put this plainly, there is only one (correct me if I'm wrong) international powerlifting federation that is drug tested: the IPF (under whose oversight the above squat was performed).

ALL of the others are not drug tested. Some may have a token "no drugs" stipulation/law (I think one here won't accept a membership from an IPF/ASADA banned lifter, but not certain) but they have zero drug testing. So one can assume that ALL those non IPF lifters are taking something (even if they are not) from a basic pre workout with a banned stimulant right up to a full blown Dan Green cycle.

However, to immediately knock a lifter just because they do something awesome is not constructive.

I can assure you that being the world's #1 squat & total record holder would mean Ray would be on the regular blood and urine test list of WADA, plus the whereabouts database and probably the long term blood test comparison list. Ray lifted in the world championships in June in Killeen (I was there so I know personally that it was a drug tested event) then again this month with random tests being a real possibility in the intervening 4 months.

I'm gonna go do some skwotz now. Non drug free, as I am gonna have a double shot coffee and a muffin that I swear has crack cocaine in it.

How come in the UFC all therapeutic use of test was banned when they got wada testing in.

How come in the UFC all therapeutic use of test was banned when they got wada testing in.

I dunno as I am not familiar with the issue with the UFC, but I would guess that, like all those baseballers that suddenly "acquired" ADHD and went on a stimulant (ritalin? or whatever it was), it was a fake illness. There is always a Dr who needs another investment property. Its a rare instance where a young (>30) fit, athletic male is low in T. Certainly not one who beats the living shit to of another person for their very well paid job. So my guess is that it's along the lines of the banned Russians. Too much cooking of the books so an exception is made to shut down the rorting.

But, as I said, I'm not familiar with the case.

Interesting that if you go onto into the substances database, some meds are banned for certain sports and not others.

If therapeutic use of T is allowed in a sport it should just be allowed for everyone.

????

A constant stable stream of T gives you a performance advantage. Look at Lance Armstrong.

People on TRT are gaining a performance enhancement over a Natty.

456kg is awesomely impressive regardless of PEDs. It's your prerogative to disagree and mine to appreciate.

Thanks for sharing Woody.

I've seen those plates a few times now, clearly calibrated, are they a yank brand, and what is the quality like compared to ivanko?
anyone know?

I never knocked him... he is as good of a squarer if not better than drug users like Lilliebridge and malanichev... but if you think drug tests are effective then how did lance armstrong win 8 tour de Frances... there are ways around the tests without therapeutic use exemptions.

456kg is awesomely impressive regardless of PEDs. It's your prerogative to disagree and mine to appreciate.

Thanks for sharing Woody.

Agreed, this squat is world class and it's a shame he can't leave IPF to go compete against the worlds best

Agreed, this squat is world class and it's a shame he can't leave IPF to go compete against the worlds best

Even though my comment was made in a general context, I most certainly appreciate your comment. Now let me make myself very clear, and even though I've said this before on this forum, I'll express my views here yet again regarding the use of PEDs. And by the way, I do not expect a single member of this forum (or otherwise) to agree with my views, which I strongly believe. The only person you're cheating is yourself if you don't take PEDs, if and when your aim is to compete on the world's stage.

I do not believe in nor trust drug testing, but I very much believe in sports' politics. Furthermore, and before a discussion of PEDs is to be had, a more pertinent discussion of everyday legal drugs such as alcohol and caffeine has to be had. Falling short of this, is to fall into hypocrisy of the highest order.

I repeat, these are my views, albeit strong views, you're entitled to your views, with full respect and recognition.

Even though my comment was made in a general context, I most certainly appreciate your comment. Now let me make myself very clear, and even though I've said this before on this forum, I'll express my views here yet again regarding the use of PEDs. And by the way, I do not expect a single member of this forum (or otherwise) to agree with my views, which I strongly believe. The only person you're cheating is yourself if you don't take PEDs, if and when your aim is to compete on the world's stage.

I do not believe nor trust drug testing, but I very much believe in sports' politics. Furthermore, and before a discussion of PEDs is to be had, a more pertinent discussion of everyday legal drugs such as alcohol and caffeine has to be had. Falling short of this, is to fall into hypocrisy of the highest order.

I repeat, these are my views, albeit strong views, you're entitled to your views, with full respect and recognition.

I do not believe in nor trust drug testing, but I very much believe in sports' politics. Furthermore, and before a discussion of PEDs is to be had, a more pertinent discussion of everyday legal drugs such as alcohol and caffeine has to be had. Falling short of this, is to fall into hypocrisy of the highest order.

We see pretty much eye to eye

I would prefer not to let this thread wander off into drug testing land, although I appreciate that everyone has an opinion on the matter. I respect all top lifters in the various feds. Dan Green is even one of my favourites. I mean, dat hair, dat front squat, dat Hairhouse Warehouse sponsorship.

Ray did not just squat a new 456kg world record (not that it will be listed as such as I don't think the USAPL event is considered an International comp) but he also did 240kg bench, 383kg deadlift and a total 1079kg. I am guessing that next year at the world champs he will squat over 460.

And yes, it would be great to see other top lifters from other feds compete together under the same rules and standards. Imagine KK and company on the same platform. Mebbe at the olympics.......... (popcorn in hand, waiting for the flaming).