• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Can't remember what it cost but got a 700lt chest freezer and it wasn't that expensive.

Also some guys sell refurbished fridges and freezers for bugger all. Think I got a 3-400lt freezer for $200. Still going after 5+ years.

Probably bigger than what we need. Ours is fairly small pretty sure it's 170 litres or there abouts, plenty big enough, if it runs for 10 years I will be happy to take it to the tip and get another one.

I was tossing up between the upright and chest freezer, upright was $520 and chest was $300 for same capacity and same brand, so the chest freezer got it, we only use it to store the bulk stuff we buy. Picked up a cheap turkey on half price special for Christmas, it's waiting in the chest freezer to go on the rotisserie on Christmas day....

After Christmas specials are so good. Ate so much turkey last year after Christmas after buying the supermarket out of all the half price turkey breast.

Chicken wings again today, bloody love them....
I don't understand chicken wings. They would have a maximum of 200 grams of meat per kilo. Probably less. Sure you can pour some flavour over them but they still aren't food.

You would just about be able to buy fillet for better money if you were comparing protein content.

Sorry to join in the Mick bashing big fella but you said chicken wings and they are a little hobby horse of mine. Fucking stupid substitute for food. You are completely forgiven if you had a proper protein source in the same meal.

I don't understand chicken wings. They would have a maximum of 200 grams of meat per kilo. Probably less. Sure you can pour some flavour over them but they still aren't food.

You would just about be able to buy fillet for better money if you were comparing protein content.

Sorry to join in the Mick bashing big fella but you said chicken wings and they are a little hobby horse of mine. Fucking stupid substitute for food. You are completely forgiven if you had a proper protein source in the same meal.
Are you seriously suggesting chicken wings are 80% bone?

Haha, there is a lot of meat on them per kilo, not much weight left on the bones left over.

Pour flavour?? Dead set, you have obviously never had properly prepared chicken wings. They get flavoured before and during cooking, I don't pour anything.

Lucky I took a photo of what quality food looks like, half devil wing dry rub and half sticky honey soy baste slow cooked at 150 degrees for around 2hrs. you could base a whole business on these, I have never found better wings anywhere:

Today whole roast chuck with veggies as a post workout meal, Vietnamese pork and prawn rice paper rolls as pre workout meal.

Last edited:
Yer but dem dere wings taste a lot better that a skinless breast
yeah, fkin love wings

I was debunking bulls 20% meat claim

Also when you consider that wings have +7.1g of additional fat (due to the skin) that means bones only make up 13.55% of the wings volume.

Like you say I know what I'd prefer to be eating, more calories, more flavour and more gains :cool:

yeah, fkin love wings

I was debunking bulls 20% meat claim

Also when you consider that wings have +7.1g of additional fat (due to the skin) that means bones only make up 13.55% of the wings volume.

Like you say I know what I'd prefer to be eating, more calories, more flavour and more gains :cool:
Lol. Keep eating them then but when you come over you'll have to bring your own cause you won't find any here.