• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Maybe it wasn't clear then, but from what I understood, you were eating once a day to allow daily cheat meals in that single feeding a day. You just listed maccas, KFC, etc as your regular food intake. And like I said, it will work controlling appetite and weight. However I don't think you'll find anyone say that approach is ideal for gains.

I'm simply going off recent studies I've been researching where frequency is the key to gains. In both terms of training and eating. I agree that a constant drip feed of protein is not ideal either. The purpose of approx 30g of protein in a meal is that you need that amount after a period of no protein to elicit MPS. If you have a drip feed, you'll never achieve that either. But you're doing the other extreme; one massive peak and one massive valley. I think we can all agree that extremes are not the answer.

What number would you put on the worst possible eating approach vs the best? I simply gave a ballpark figure of 25%. It might not be that high, but there certainly is a significant number.

Frequency is the key??? Like I said are we in the 90s. Look up recent research most can't find significant differences between certain daily meal frequency.

Post some research. I'll be happy to have a read. Remember though 1 study doesn't prove anything. It's part of the puzzle, it needs to be repeatable.

I've been doing two meals a day for 5+ years. I'm doing one meal a day at the moment to allow for bigger dinners and see how it goes. I used to do 5-7 meals a day before that.

Like I said most are home cooked. I posted 1 fast food meal because I was on the road.

2 days ago I had a heap of chicken, 2.5kg of potato and sweet potato, sauces, some fruit and a small bowl ice cream. I have beef stroganoff with heaps of veggies ready for when I'm home. Most of my days I have a over 1.5kg of fruit and veg.

It's funny when I mention a fast food meal automatically all i eat is fast food. In any case I said it before. People think Macca's is magically bad. My burgers contained bread, beef, onions, lettuce, pickles and some sauce. No different to what people make at home or what people buy at some expensive fancy hippy organic place. There is nothing magically bad about it.

You are claiming one meal a day is the worst case scenario which it certainly isn't. It's not that long without food. After one big meal your body is digesting it for most of the day anyway.

a29c683b4fdee7e7ea92e6823952751e.jpg

And as they say 'the wheel is round" we come right back to the discussion from the other day!

So it's not worth my while reading through the last half dozen odd pages. We got no where? :p

Thanks, on spread :D

So it's not worth my while reading through the last half dozen odd pages. We got no where? :p

Thanks, on spread :D

Na not worth it. Apparently in my trial of eating once a day I'm going to fuck a big chunk of my potential gains. I'm fine with it.

Na not worth it. Apparently in my trial of eating once a day I'm going to fuck a big chunk of my potential gains. I'm fine with it.

This maybe old research and someone may nitpick :p but overeating used to be associated with a surge in GH

Dont give up so easy bazza, eat 5 times a day and we can have you stage ready in 12 weeks....just lay off the maccas!! Lol ;-)

What number would you put on the worst possible eating approach vs the best? I simply gave a ballpark figure of 25%. It might not be that high, but there certainly is a significant number.

Sorry Steve but you need to delve a little deeper into the practical applications of improved MPS at this stage no one has proven that improved MPS translates to improved real world outcomes.

Like I said in theory it should but nothing has been proven (or even properly tested as far as I know) yet

You are claiming one meal a day is the worst case scenario which it certainly isn't. It's not that long without food. After one big meal your body is digesting it for most of the day anyway.

I think you're suffering from Big Mick Syndrome, where you only consider the basics for survival. I've always made sure I pointed out I'm talking about being optimal. IF is fine, and most people would benefit from it. But there's no way you're going to be training and recovering 100% using that approach. If you did, everyone would be using it. I'm sure you can find examples (like with the keto diet) of a few exceptions being competitive using IF, but people tend to gravitate to what works. You don't see athletes or even bodybuilders using IF; they use the approach I was suggesting.

Why even ask for studies or evidence? I started this discussion posing some and it was conveniently ignored.

I think you're suffering from Big Mick Syndrome, where you only consider the basics for survival. I've always made sure I pointed out I'm talking about being optimal. IF is fine, and most people would benefit from it. But there's no way you're going to be training and recovering 100% using that approach. If you did, everyone would be using it. I'm sure you can find examples (like with the keto diet) of a few exceptions being competitive using IF, but people tend to gravitate to what works. You don't see athletes or even bodybuilders using IF; they use the approach I was suggesting.

Why even ask for studies or evidence? I started this discussion posing some and it was conveniently ignored.

Comparing me to big Mick. Nice try. Lol.

You can go a few weeks without food if we are talking about survival. Eating once a day isn't even close to the survival example you are trying to use.

You didn't post a study you posted a clip of some guys opinion. I asked for studies, big difference.

Claiming IF doesn't work because if it did everyone would use it is for sure a logical fallacy. That's not a real argument.

In any case. I don't eat once or twice a day for any claimed benifits of IF. I do it because I prefer bigger meals over the 90s theory of eating 5+ times a day.

Post studies on 30g of protein being the optimum amount.

So I've just read the abstract of your first link( I am reading the whole thing) but so far is goes against what you are claiming. Lol. Its saying more protein per meal is generating greater MPS. Haha. Fuck me.

It doesn't prove 30g is ideal and doesn't claim anything to do with meal frequency.

Are we arguing whether IF is good or bad for Barry?
or whether it's just a fad type thing?

i often visited the one meal per day, funny enough when I was very active it worked very well.

as an aside my workout always reflected whether my diet is sound