• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
We love asking for studies here on ausbb but none of us from both side of arguments like to post them, which is funny.

Artificial sweeteners.
I grew up with sugar and honey, the only people I knew on sweetener was my uncle back in 1970 he had health issues.
I just can't stand the taste, along with low fat milk, in fact I also don't like the overly sweet soft drinks of any kind like I used to.
but I digress.

wheat, margarines, low fat products and substitutes have always been off my list, over the last 40 years I've read before and against, been involved in many discussions read heaps of books, can't remember a lot of it, but always end up feeling the same about it.

if one of you dudes ask for a study for anything I put forward my response is;
im not your father, look it up for yourself.

The reason people ask for studies is because claims require evidence. If you make claims that go against the accepted theories you need something to back that up.

Naked Burrito. Chicken.
c2e983df82c8ca244790d645b433e8b9.jpg

It's funny you bang on about how wings are great wings are then say those are vile. They would likely get the chicken from exactly the same place you get your chicken from.

I don't know how the same food goes from best food ever to vile. You seem to love making these over the top statements. KFC does chicken better than average. It's pretty hard to fuck up and certainly not vile.

Well just because you have low expectations in food does not mean everyone has the same low expectations, most chain food store stuff is rubbish and does taste vile. It is the preparation that makes the difference in taste. Comparing the wings I prepare at home to KFC would be like comparing a Hyundai i30 to a Ferrari, yes they are both cars, but very different.

With this talk of BBQ meats, we are amateurs here in OZ. Over in the states, down south all the BBQ and fried meats there beat anything I've had here by a long way.

Who is we??

May be you and other people who have no idea. There are plenty of people in Australia that know how to prepare and cook a superb BBQ, and I consider myself one of them. Throwing some sausages and onion on a gas BBQ hotplate is not cooking a BBQ in my opinion.

if you are happy eating KFC wings, or anything KFC or Dominos Pizza or Macdonald's then be happy, I personally consider it crap, overpriced and it never fails to disappoint when I actually do eat it. Sometimes I do get sucked into it, especially when out and about with workmates. Only just yesterday they sucked me into buying a pie from a supposedly great pie shop for lunch, I managed to eat about ⅓rd of it before it ended up in the bin, it always provides a good reminder why I don't generally eat it.

...white man tastes like pork.

I have heard this before, I also remember reading that we are only one chromosome different to a pig (not sure how true that is), so that may explain the similar taste.

Pork is probably my favourite meat, but I like all meat. So no too fussed a great steak is also hard to beat, or some beef ribs or....:cool:

The goal for health and fitness is to get maximum fuel, protein, satiety, nutrients

LMAO that is exactly my point, you eat rice cakes that provide none of the above, you may as well eat cardboard.

Have a few chicken wings (or any other meat you like) and there is no need for BCAA's or protein powder, it's all there is one delicious package.

Rice Cakes (100 grams), 387 calories, 8 grams of protein

Chicken wings (100 grams) 200 calories, 30 grams of protein

mmmmm I wonder which one has more nutrition, and protein for less calories:p And I wonder which one tastes like cardboard and which one is delicious:D

Well just because you have low expectations in food does not mean everyone has the same low expectations, most chain food store stuff is rubbish and does taste vile. It is the preparation that makes the difference in taste. Comparing the wings I prepare at home to KFC would be like comparing a Hyundai i30 to a Ferrari, yes they are both cars, but very different.

Who is we??

May be you and other people who have no idea. There are plenty of people in Australia that know how to prepare and cook a superb BBQ, and I consider myself one of them. Throwing some sausages and onion on a gas BBQ hotplate is not cooking a BBQ in my opinion.

if you are happy eating KFC wings, or anything KFC or Dominos Pizza or Macdonald's then be happy, I personally consider it crap, overpriced and it never fails to disappoint when I actually do eat it. Sometimes I do get sucked into it, especially when out and about with workmates. Only just yesterday they sucked me into buying a pie from a supposedly great pie shop for lunch, I managed to eat about ⅓rd of it before it ended up in the bin, it always provides a good reminder why I don't generally eat it.

I'm not a food snob that's all. People like to bag out the fast food chains these days because that's the fashionable thing to do. They didn't get to be massive businesses because the served terrible tasting food, its not premium but still pretty good.

The Mrs likes to try fancy expensive places to eat. Some are awesome but a lot of the time you wouldn't know it's supposed to be fancy if you just ate the meal without knowing the name of the place.

Maybe looks are deceiving but the stuff you show pics of doesn't look like it is on the scale compared to even the poorer BBQ places in America. Your stuff is the Hyundai compared to the Ferrari. I've never eaten any BBQ here that compares to the US. The American style BBQ places in Australia aren't even close.

You do seem to get suckered into buying a lot of shit food. Lol. You would think you wouldn't be so fat with all the food you throw out.

LMAO that is exactly my point, you eat rice cakes that provide none of the above, you may as well eat cardboard.

Have a few chicken wings (or any other meat you like) and there is no need for BCAA's or protein powder, it's all there is one delicious package.

Rice Cakes (100 grams), 387 calories, 8 grams of protein

Chicken wings (100 grams) 200 calories, 30 grams of protein

mmmmm I wonder which one has more nutrition, and protein for less calories:p And I wonder which one tastes like cardboard and which one is delicious:D

You don't have a leg to stand on Mick. I personally don't like rice cakes but they work for Steve. He has done the hard yards, done a couple BB comps. It worked for him so why shouldn't he eat them.

If you make a claim that goes against the current medical evidence, it's on you to prove your claims. That's all.

The reason people ask for studies is because claims require evidence. If you make claims that go against the accepted theories you need something to back that up.

"Current medical evidence" also includes milo being given a 4.5 health star rating

14517638_520643204797372_8871369797776325823_n.jpg

Do you need a peer reviewed study to be told Milo is nutritional garbage? Do you really think "current medical evidence" can not be swayed by corporate funding to the DAA and Heart Foundation?

One does not eat rice cakes purely for the protein content. What's the carb content of a chicken wing vs a rice cake Mick?
A lot of good a kilo of wings are going to do if you're trying to carb load....Also going to need a heck of a lot of wings if your desired calorie intake is anything half decent.

Last edited:
I don't think (and I said think) there is some sort of conspiracy with the FDA, between the food industries and government I think it's more about dumb ćunts making poor decisions and eating far too much, it's them that are creating the demand.

milo tastes good, it is nutritious but like all things it falls way short to a good meal.

when I was a kid we had ovaltine, back then ovaltine had egg in it.

I don't think (and I said think) there is some sort of conspiracy with the FDA, between the food industries and government I think it's more about dumb ćunts making poor decisions and eating far too much, it's them that are creating the demand.

milo tastes good, it is nutritious but like all things it falls way short to a good meal.

when I was a kid we had ovaltine, back then ovaltine had egg in it.
In what way is it nutritious?

Thats a good question, in terms of a chocolate additive to milk it's got barley, and and added vitamins and minerals
It's 50% sugar, it's garbage

If people like it and want to drink it fine but having 4.5 health start rating is a joke. That rating would indicate it can be consumed with impunity and form a large part of a healthy diet which is patently untrue.

One does not eat rice cakes purely for the protein content. What's the carb content of a chicken wing vs a rice cake Mick?
A lot of good a kilo of wings are going to do if you're trying to carb load....Also going to need a heck of a lot of wings if your desired calorie intake is anything half decent.

Steve's argument was maximum nutrition for minimum calories, hence rice cakes.

You need a certain amount of protein when lifting you don't need carbs, there is no such thing essential carbs.

Carb loading was not the discussion.

No point changing the goal posts each time the argument does not suit, otherwise I can turn around and do likewise and suggest that rice cakes are no good if you are doing keto, but again that was not the discussion.

Steve's argument was maximum nutrition for minimum calories, hence rice cakes.

You need a certain amount of protein when lifting you don't need carbs, there is no such thing essential carbs.

Carb loading was not the discussion.

No point changing the goal posts each time the argument does not suit, otherwise I can turn around and do likewise and suggest that rice cakes are no good if you are doing keto, but again that was not the discussion.

Don't need carbs? Are you kidding me? Live on no carbs for a week and report back how you feel and how your lifting progress is going....