• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Only wings I eat are from KFC or the servo style wingdings. CBF with that chit at home, thighs are the go

I don't understand chicken wings. They would have a maximum of 200 grams of meat per kilo. Probably less. Sure you can pour some flavour over them but they still aren't food.

You would just about be able to buy fillet for better money if you were comparing protein content.

Sorry to join in the Mick bashing big fella but you said chicken wings and they are a little hobby horse of mine. Fucking stupid substitute for food. You are completely forgiven if you had a proper protein source in the same meal.

Agreed. The minimal meat is hardly worth the effort and mess.

Don't really care how much or little meat there is they are about $2-4 per kilo, so $5-6 feeds the whole family, and they taste bloody delicious, much better even that drum sticks or definitely better than chicken breast, only other thing that comes close to chicken wings is pork ribs.

If I ask the kids what they want to eat it will either be wings or ribs.

If others don't like it great, more for me, you can keep eating rice cakes and BCAA's or bland chicken breast if that makes you happy.

Roast chooks you buy from Costco, I hate going in there, but I like the roast chickens, I'll often just walk out with a chicken and a bottle of bourbon

Never been to Costco.

But if they are anything like the roast chooks from Coles they are probably not bad, I don't mind the Coles roast chicken every now and then, hardly worth making them yourself for the price.

LMAO probably the only wings I would not eat, vile stuff.

It's funny you bang on about how wings are great wings are then say those are vile. They would likely get the chicken from exactly the same place you get your chicken from.

I don't know how the same food goes from best food ever to vile. You seem to love making these over the top statements. KFC does chicken better than average. It's pretty hard to fuck up and certainly not vile.

With this talk of BBQ meats, we are amateurs here in OZ. Over in the states, down south all the BBQ and fried meats there beat anything I've had here by a long way.

Have you ever in your life said anything nice to anyone [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; ?
Mick can like or dislike anything he wants, it's got nothing to do with what you think
And I agree that KFC chicken is vile.

Don't really care how much or little meat there is they are about $2-4 per kilo, so $5-6 feeds the whole family, and they taste bloody delicious, much better even that drum sticks or definitely better than chicken breast, only other thing that comes close to chicken wings is pork ribs.

If I ask the kids what they want to eat it will either be wings or ribs.

If others don't like it great, more for me, you can keep eating rice cakes and BCAA's or bland chicken breast if that makes you happy.

They look good but never really liked pork.

as an aside, a Fijians where cannibals living on island there would be times where certain food was scarce while on holiday there one of them told me (with a big smile on his face) white man tastes like pork.

Have you ever in your life said anything nice to anyone [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; ?
Mick can like or dislike anything he wants, it's got nothing to do with what you think
And I agree that KFC chicken is vile.

Fuck up darko. Lol. Yeah I say plenty of nice stuff it just doesn't suit the narrative you are going for against me at the moment so you ignore it.

Agree, Mick can like what ever he wants. Personal taste is just that. Probably should tell him that. Mick likes telling people their personal tastes are wrong. Just see the posts towards Steve and his meals.

I just don't see how the same piece of meat goes from best food ever to vile. Bit of an exaggeration. But whatever, not going to lose any sleep over it.

Last edited:

You do realise this is a bodybuilding website don't you? The goal for health and fitness is to get maximum fuel, protein, satiety, nutrients, etc from our foods for minimal calories. Any one can eat BBQ all day, I don't think that's impressing anyone. Diet adherence is the big challenge/reward.

Fuck up darko. Lol. Yeah I say plenty of nice stuff it just doesn't suit the narrative you are going for against me at the moment so you ignore it.

Agree, Mick can like what ever he wants. Personal taste is just that. Probably should tell him that. Mick likes telling people their personal tastes are wrong. Just see the posts towards Steve and his meals.

I just don't see how the same piece of meat goes from best food ever to vile. Bit of an exaggeration. But whatever, not going to lose any sleep over it.

Fuck up??

Fuck up???

Are you in grade 2? :D

Do we all think that prossesed wheat is a good form of nutrition?

i believe this is the issue and not about the grain itself, the grain in its whole form is packed with nutrients.

We love asking for studies here on ausbb but none of us from both side of arguments like to post them, which is funny.

Artificial sweeteners.
I grew up with sugar and honey, the only people I knew on sweetener was my uncle back in 1970 he had health issues.
I just can't stand the taste, along with low fat milk, in fact I also don't like the overly sweet soft drinks of any kind like I used to.
but I digress.

wheat, margarines, low fat products and substitutes have always been off my list, over the last 40 years I've read before and against, been involved in many discussions read heaps of books, can't remember a lot of it, but always end up feeling the same about it.

if one of you dudes ask for a study for anything I put forward my response is;
im not your father, look it up for yourself.

If you make a claim that goes against the current medical evidence, it's on you to prove your claims. That's all.