• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
6338517bd1dea4ac1e028e576a1c9990

After seeing photos of herself just moments after getting engaged, Haley Smith decided she needed to make a very big change before her wedding day. Picture: Carters

Alexandra KlausnerNew York Post

• Email a friend

SHE SAID yes — both to marrying the love of her life and to forming a healthier relationship with her body.

Haley Smith, 24, a blonde and bubbly postgraduate psychology student from Amarillo, Texas, weighed 125kg when Matt Smith asked her to be his bride in July of 2015.
It was seeing her proposal photos that pushed Haley to change her diet and fitness habits so she could finally feel comfortable in her own skin.
9bb4e1dd27b504b79d58640789472286

Haley Smith and Matt Smith on their proposal photos. Picture: Haley SmithSource:Caters News Agency

“I saw the pictures and cried my eyes out. I didn’t even recognise myself,” Haley told Caters.
Haley not only hated how she looked, but she despised the discomforts her heavy weight caused.
“I was fed up with getting chafing on all of my body parts that rubbed and sweat,” Haley told Caters.
“I couldn’t sleep, had aches and pains all over my body, high blood pressure, poor complexion, heartburn and got headaches practically every day,” she said.
5320ee29b21ea8075c018fbc92d07daa

Haley Smith was so shocked by her proposal photos, she decided to lose 50kg before her wedding day. Picture: CatersSource:Caters News Agency

That’s why Haley — who once avoided going to the beach so she wouldn’t have to show off her body — wasn’t going to let her wedding day be the same.
“I decided to make my engagement year the year I made a change,” Haley told Caters.
When childhood sweethearts Haley and Matt tied the knot on Oct. 8, Haley modelled her lithe new physique in a form-fitting white off-the-shoulder gown.
d73c0cd6e9c66d72e2b47f7a473e26ad

A newlywed was shocked into losing almost 50kg after embarrassing proposal photos left her in tears. Pictures: CatersSource:Caters News Agency

By working out five times per week and by doing both cardio and strength training, Haley lost 49kg.
The stunning bride credits her husband’s unconditional love with helping her achieve her dream body after years of emotional eating and a lack of body confidence.
“He even loved me enough to propose to me at my highest weight when I was feeling unlovable. He has seen me at my best and my worst,” Haley told Caters.
cef89458d0b56d5d8222398566a32c8a

Haley works out at least once a day. Picture: CatersSource:Caters News Agency

The couple plans to go to New Zealand for the honeymoon — a trip Haley said she’d never imagined she’d be fit enough to go on.
9c5f7110ee52c3434888e42d9f02e298

Haley Smith’s bridal shoot, looking fit, healthy, and very happy.Source:Caters News Agency

03e441958590d4babdb12abf3b1e367c

Matt and Haley on their engagement shoot this summer. Picture: Caters.Source:Caters News Agency

“A year ago, I wouldn’t have been able to hike on a glacier, go mountain climbing, feel confident snorkelling and many of the other activities we have planned. It’s going to be a trip of a lifetime,” she told Caters.

Losing 50kg or even a hundred kilogram is achievable and has been achieved by many (and well done for doing so). However the point that is most often missed, and it's the most crucial/critical point of them all is: was the method you used to lose this weight, is that method sustainable? Most often the answer (or the evidence shows) that it was not, hence a regain of weight (and more "new super" diet) makes it into some gimmicky magazine.

The other very important point to losing fat (as well as gaining muscle) is having the right attitude. Most people seem to have the right attitude, especially on a Monday (check the attendance of any gym if you like to substantiate my claim), and by Thursday, that winning and optimistic attitude seems to vaporise into thin air (or rather Friday and Saturday nights out). Well, there's plenty of Mondays in a year, 52 are available to choose from. So my point is "attitude", having the right attitude not only short term, but life term.

Losing 50kg or even a hundred kilogram is achievable and has been achieved by many (and well done for doing so). However the point that is most often missed, and it's the most crucial/critical point of them all is: was the method you used to lose this weight, is that method sustainable? Most often the answer (or the evidence shows) that it was not, hence a regain of weight (and more "new super" diet) makes it into some gimmicky magazine.

The other very important point to losing fat (as well as gaining muscle) is having the right attitude. Most people seem to have the right attitude, especially on a Monday (check the attendance of any gym if you like to substantiate my claim), and by Thursday, that winning and optimistic attitude seems to vaporise into thin air (or rather Friday and Saturday nights out). Well, there's plenty of Mondays in a year, 52 are available to choose from. So my point is "attitude", having the right attitude not only short term, but life term.

You are analysing in-depth, and adding to that, I think anger as a motivation is very short lived. A lot people use this "anger" motivation in the gym in american bodybuilding (from media potrayal and social platforms) and this might be related to the steroid/anabolic use and their culture in general?

I think anger as a motivation is not only shortlived unless you are on a lot of rage induced by roids but also very bad for your blood pressure as well. Good thing we don't have that as much in oz.