• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Crossfit does seem to get a pretty bad rep from a lot of people. I understand the criticism around doing certain complex movements as many as p0ssible in a set time when you are already fatigued leading to breakdown in form and potential injury. But just wondering have any of you on here actually worked out at a crossfit gym (i refuse to use the term box) and followed the programming or tried any of the work outs ?

Crossfit does seem to get a pretty bad rep from a lot of people. I understand the criticism around doing certain complex movements as many as p0ssible in a set time when you are already fatigued leading to breakdown in form and potential injury. But just wondering have any of you on here actually worked out at a crossfit gym (i refuse to use the term box) and followed the programming or tried any of the work outs ?

I have, their technique was actually pretty good but i wasn't there for long at all and probably missed the kipping pullups, the kipping dips, the kipping squats...

I have one injury i got when i first started in the gym and it still hurts now and then. When i was under supervision to do a squat i did something to my knee. Dunno what it was. Whenever i bent it with weight on it (ie doing a squat) it got to one point where it suddenly hurt a great deal. If i pull up then the pain would instantly stop.

Usually these days it very rarely happens but it does now and then.

Last edited:
Everyone I know personally who does (did) crossfit are riddled with injuries and can't even do basic training anymore.

Crossfit, training to be the best at at exercising.

Crossfit, it's the opposite to fight club, 'tell everyone you do Crossfit'

Crossfit, it's not a workout unless you posted about it on Facebook.

Crossfit, training to be the best at at exercising.

Crossfit, it's the opposite to fight club, 'tell everyone you do Crossfit'

Crossfit, it's not a workout unless you posted about it on Facebook.

Crossfit is a sport now so no different to training for any other sport.

Youll even come on here and tell us when you engage 4wd on your ute. So people posting crossfit workouts is no worse than that.

The couch potatoes with their sedentary behaviour on the one side, and the extreme exercisers on the other side have both missed the mark. The dose makes the poison.