• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Very difficult to get sufficient calories eating just one meal. No wonder you lost weight.
For me I think 2 meals and possible one shake (if protein macros not reached) would be minimum.

So fucking easy to eat enough calories in one meal a day. Shreky is basically an old woman so no surprise there.

Why, what's happened?

C'mon Darko. Doesn't Fadi work in Security? You take your life into your hands every night when you work in Security, particularly of a Saturday night. Just ask any Cop, Bodyguard or Bouncer etc.

Thoughts and prayers are with you @Fadi; :)

I recall sonny Schmidt only having two large meals per day. obviously his protein intake for both meals would have been rather high.

Nothing Darko, I was simply responding to a comment regarding certainty, and the fact that the only matter in life I'm confidently certain about is death. Anything else, is up for discussion and or negotiations as for its certainty. While I've got you here, how are things with you, how is your training going, any goals on the horizon, or just pleased to be lifting?
Ah sorry I read your post out of context, don't mind me.
I haven't lifted in 3 years Fadi but will be getting back into it soon

Jorn Trommelen on Facebook:

"A new study from our lab shows that eating large amounts of protein before sleep does not blunt muscle protein synthesis rates the next morning (either fasted MPS rates or the MPS response to protein). We speculated that there might be a negative feedback loop, where large amounts of protein might diminish the response to protein at subsequent meals. However, there was no difference between the groups.

These data suggest that every meal moment is a ''unique window of opportunity'' and that all meals work additively to optimize muscle protein synthesis rates in a day. If you miss a meal, you miss the opportunity to stimulate muscle protein synthesis. And it does not seem you can compensate that at subsequent meals. But as a protein meal can stimulate MPS for at least 5 hours, these data do not mean you should eat every 2-3 hours like it is 1990."

https://www.facebook.com/nutritiontactics/posts/1798394170375525

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/early/2016/10/25/ajpendo.00325.2016

Jorn Trommelen on Facebook:

"A new study from our lab shows that eating large amounts of protein before sleep does not blunt muscle protein synthesis rates the next morning (either fasted MPS rates or the MPS response to protein). We speculated that there might be a negative feedback loop, where large amounts of protein might diminish the response to protein at subsequent meals. However, there was no difference between the groups.

These data suggest that every meal moment is a ''unique window of opportunity'' and that all meals work additively to optimize muscle protein synthesis rates in a day. If you miss a meal, you miss the opportunity to stimulate muscle protein synthesis. And it does not seem you can compensate that at subsequent meals. But as a protein meal can stimulate MPS for at least 5 hours, these data do not mean you should eat every 2-3 hours like it is 1990."

https://www.facebook.com/nutritiontactics/posts/1798394170375525

http://ajpendo.physiology.org/content/early/2016/10/25/ajpendo.00325.2016

Thank you for sharing the above links Sir, I appreciate it.

Is 30g of protein per meal the limit for optimum absorption? Apparently not......

"....excess protein contributes to body fat stores are insignificant, and arguably physically impossible under normal or even slightly hypercaloric conditions that most athletes face on a daily basis."

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/protein-will-not-make-you-fat

As usual, the human body is a lot more complicated and biased towards efficiency than we expect.

Is 30g of protein per meal the limit for optimum absorption? Apparently not......

"....excess protein contributes to body fat stores are insignificant, and arguably physically impossible under normal or even slightly hypercaloric conditions that most athletes face on a daily basis."

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/protein-will-not-make-you-fat

As usual, the human body is a lot more complicated and biased towards efficiency than we expect.
Fully agree. The 30g per meal conclusion is yesteryears news. I believe you wrote somewhere recently that bodybuilders have always been more than few steps ahead of the general popolution etc. I agree.

There's more to protein, much more in fact than just building muscle in one direct way. Many amino acid signallings are going on in our bodies, all contributing positively in one way or another before they oxidise. And its the misunderstanding or total neglect of this fact re oxidation that has led many a scientist in the wrong direction. Mistaking oxidation or equaling it to wastage has led to the wrong conclusion re the absorption theory. It took one very dedicated mind in the field of protein and amino acids study to set the record straight. The credit here must go to professor emeritus, Dr. Donald Layman.

Last edited:
Fully agree. The 30g per meal conclusion is yesteryears news. I believe you wrote somewhere recently that bodybuilders have always been more than few steps ahead of the general popolution etc. I agree.

There's more to protein, much more in fact than just building muscle in one direct way. Many amino acid signallings are going on in our bodies, all contributing positively in one way or another before they oxidise. And its the misunderstanding or total neglect of this fact re oxidation that has led many a scientist in the wrong direction. Mistaking oxidation or equaling it to wastage has led to the wrong conclusion re the absorption theory. It took one very dedicated mind in the field of protein and amino acids study to set the record straight. The credit here must go to professor emeritus, Dr. Donald Layman.

Bodybuilders ahead of general population. Lol. Look up confirmation bias. Remembering the hits( when have bodybuilders actually been right, lol) and forgetting all the numerous misses.

People who don't have a go, have nowhere to go. And when these people fall, they lift themselves up, analise and examine before having yet another go. There's no shame in falling, but plenty in not having a go, especially when the reasoning behind it is failure itself. For success comes before work only in a dictionary.

Each to their own.

Thank you.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...e-always-wanted-to-ask/7970744?section=health

6 meals and 2 training sessions a day? C'mon
CwF8WkeUAAILWD-.jpg

I am guessing he has a home gym. Two one hour sessions per day at a home gym? Easy.

7 hours sleep per night? Not natty.

I've listened to most of Jumar's podcasts; they are by far one of the better ones imo, with relevant content, research leading speakers and good discussion. The audio is downloadable from several sources.

Last edited: