• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Gym - Train 2 days full body
Run 3 days
Recovery 2 days

gym, run, recovery, gym, run, run, recovery

What does your gym schedule look like on an average week?
Currently training each muscle 3x/week with a focus on metabolic fatigue instead of mechanical tension or muscle damage for muscle growth. For that I’m continuing with what I’ve started back in March, i.e. my 100 reps/exercise per muscle group, with a 60 seconds rest between sets, until I reach 100 repetitions. It’s been working just fine, my connective tissues are happy to attest for it :).

The days I'm not lifting, I walk for one continuous hour, whilst the days I'm lifting, I walk for 30 minutes as icing on the cake after resistance training has been completed. I train from home, and I thank you for your question Graeme.

Currently training 6x per week;

Sun - bench + chest accessory work
Mon - Squat + DL variation
Tue - Standing MP + upper body accessory
Wed - FS + High bar + leg accessory
Thu - volume bench + upper body push accessory
Fri - Sumo Deadlift + deficit + back accessory

All work is barbell, bodyweight or dumbbells at the moment - haven't touched machines or my cable stack for a looooong time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Currently training 6x per week;

Sun - bench + chest accessory work
Mon - Squat + DL variation
Tue - Standing MP + upper body accessory
Wed - FS + High bar + leg accessory
Thu - volume bench + upper body push accessory
Fri - Sumo Deadlift + deficit + back accessory

All work is barbell, bodyweight or dumbbells at the moment - haven't touched machines or my cable stack for a looooong time

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

you must have a lot of bling

Currently weights 4-5 times a week for 15-20 minutes each session, compound barbell exercise only, get in get the job done get out and get on with other stuff.

Generally mountain bike ride at least 3-4 times a week sometimes more, sometimes walk.

What is this 'running' of which you speak?

training for 200m sprint this summer so alternate 5x60m sprints with 5x120m every 5 days and run for 15minutes twice per week.

Train leg weights on same day as running, and two other upper body workouts per week.

3x highbar squat sessions, 2x deadlift, 2x bench, 1x OHP spread across four days
Back stuff throughout

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

My plan is pretty basic at the moment.
Day 1
Squat and bench
Day 2
Deadlift and over head press

Just alternate whenever I get to my gym.

I have 35kg dumbbells at home that I do overhead press with while watching tv and the moment grabs me.