• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What were some things that you learned about common lifts over time as you progressed? What do you see other people doing incorrectly most often?

The full (ATG) squat.
i wish I could have known that not everyone can do these.

i honestly believe any other variation is trouble.

To warm up a bit, learned that the painful way.
In the leg press, I heard it before I felt it, L lower quad, was like an electric shock, the spot is still numb (no feeling at all) in that spot.

This is NOT a "no such thing as a warm up" nor is it a "warm up what?" thread.........kunce!

In the leg press, I heard it before I felt it, L lower quad, was like an electric shock, the spot is still numb (no feeling at all) in that spot.

This is NOT a "no such thing as a warm up" nor is it a "warm up what?" thread.........kunce!

Should have stretched kunce :D

How long is your warm up and how do you do it?

I say, If you think a stretch and a little warm up will protect you from stupid practices you've learnt not much at all.

Probably, now I look back, I should have started with a program like 5x5 or 5/3/1 rather than spending so much time training hypertrophy.
Getting that initial strength, then worrying about concentrating on mass.

What were some things that you learned about common lifts over time as you progressed?
Single joint movements such as the d/bell side laterals for example or the French curls etc... (coming from Olympic weightlifting).

What do you see other people doing incorrectly most often?
Training for the wrong sport (due to some inferiority complex or a plain low self-esteem). Some bodybuilders believe they are weightlifters or powerlifters, whilst some weightlifters aspire to look like bodybuilders (by applying some unproductive /non-functional / waste of time single joint movements to their already busy weightlifting program)... whenever the coach was not around!

How long is your warm up and how do you do it?

Its not long at all, just a couple of light sets with smooth movement and high reps to get a little blood in my squeaky joints before I load the bar up, that's all I do. You could argue its not a warm up but that's what I call it.

Its not long at all, just a couple of light sets with smooth movement and high reps to get a little blood in my squeaky joints before I load the bar up, that's all I do. You could argue its not a warm up but that's what I call it.

The interesting thing about animals is they (and they do) unlike us act purely on instincts and when they do they never make mistakes and although a times when a animal is doomed it has exhausted all its avenues.
it doesn't think or reason like us which is what inevitably gets us into to trouble.

so, as I see it a "warmup" is handy if you want some mental preparedness to something we don't do everyday depending on the skill requirements

The interesting thing about animals is they (and they do) unlike us act purely on instincts and when they do they never make mistakes

kevin-hart-wtf-face.jpg

I say, If you think a stretch and a little warm up will protect you from stupid practices you've learnt not much at all.

I've learned to listen to my body, to get the feel, been doing it long enough now to minimize injuries.