• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Stretching, I don't like it, I think it's a waste of time, the only time I like to stretch is when I wake up, it feels good, it's relaxing.

stretching is crucial, one of the key components to properly performed exercise, some provide a good "pre-stretch" while some don't, I think I'll list some exercises that provide a good pre-stretch and a good contraction.

Upper body

Lats, spine, bicep, tricep;
Chin-ups and their variations.
Rows and their variations.
French press
Nautilus bicep designs
Nautilus type pullovers

Mid section;
hanging leg raises
low back machine
SLDL

Lower body
Leg extension
leg curl
Calve raise

Chest;
Press machine
Fly machine
Dip
Cable

I don't like it either. I only stretch my calves and hammies between sets due to cramping.

I'm confused... you say it's a waste of time and then say it's a crucial key component; which is it?

What do you mean by 'pre' stretch? It seems to me that some of the 'pre stretch' movements you have listed would benefit from a pre-pre-stretch.

I'm confused... you say it's a waste of time and then say it's a crucial key component; which is it?

What do you mean by 'pre' stretch? It seems to me that some of the 'pre stretch' movements you have listed would benefit from a pre-pre-stretch.

I know!
it's just so confusing.

Yeah but stretching a cold muscle can lead to injury, hence why a couple of lighter sets.

Problem is peeper sneakers, that most activities don't put a muscle through its full range of motion.

I usually stretch after cardio, but after weights I cbf usually! Probably coz as Gooby says, proper form puts the worked muscle through its full R.O.M.

On stretching, I found a different take coming from the Golden Eagle in that he stretches prior but not post workout. Listen to his reasoning at 4:15.

I remember platz at seminar when asked to flex his torn bicep arm; he flexed other one before being asked again to flex injured one.

Very flexible; he could put his hands flat on ground with straight legs, behind his legs.