• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squat – 1×15-20 reps
Seated Shoulder Press – 1×8-12 reps
Pullups/Chins – 1×8-12 reps
Bench Press- 1×8-12 reps
One Arm Rows – 1×8-15 reps
Dips – 1×8-12 reps
Barbell Curls – 1×8-12 reps
Deadlift – 1×8-15 reps

I will be replacing Seated Shoulder Press with with standing military press and One Arm Rows with BB Rows, the rest seems pretty good. I have saved this for a bit later on, I might even start running it in a few weeks, for now will be hitting just the one exercise a day with may be a supplementary one added in if I have some spare time.

Hey Big Man, I hope you and your family are well.

This is the time to bring out that training methodology I call The Power of Less. It's a time to take advantage of what I also call SR, that stands for Summit Reps. Basically, once you've reached the mountain top (the summit), you want to stay there for an extended period of time in order to fully take in and be elated by the incredible view you're able to see from such a magnificent height.

I won't bore you with intricate details here, suffice to say the following: look at what you've been doing before, and begin the SR by doing less for more. I'll give you an example to illustrate my point.

Say you've been doing biceps curls for 5 sets of 10 reps, resting 60 to 120 seconds between sets. If I was to break those reps down into effective and activation reps, I would end up with about 30% effective and 70% activation. Your aim now (performing the SR method) would be to curtail / minimise on the activation and throw all your focus onto the effective reps instead. After all, once you're standing on the Summit, you would not want to climb back down the mountain, only to climb back up again. Once there, stay there.

So this: 5x10, becomes this: 10, 4, 3, 3, 2. With a rest of 15 seconds (instead of 60 to 120 seconds) between sets, you've not only saved yourself a tremendous amount of time, but you've also kept the essence of each and every set, whilst discarding the rest (those activation reps leading you to your effective SR).

So now grab yourself a piece of paper and begin to write down all that you were doing, and the time it took you to complete those exercises. For the SR, I'd only pick one exercise per body part and do that before moving on to the next exercise. I'll leave it here for now and welcome any question/s you may have for me. All the best Mick.

As always good advice.

Haha if life were that simple.

I still have to prepare meals, eat, look after 2 dogs, a horse, two kids, daughters distance education schooling, clean, mow lawns, maintain a household, go shopping, after school sports, homework with kids, fuck the missus, build fences, finish building my car to get registered so that I have a car to drive once I move from here in a few months and lose my company car, get new new house ready and landscaped before we move in, get my home gym build, and thats just off the top of my head....

Priorities and time management. Simple as that. Do you actually think you are in a unique situation to most people here as in being short on time. If it's important to you, make time.

Actions verify priorities. Right [MENTION=3627]Goosey[/MENTION]; :)

It is funny how some dudes can find the time to spend an hour or two everyday in a gym.
half of that time is spent in preparation lol.

i reckon an active healthy bloke only needs a minimum of 60 minutes a week of lifting, I also reckon it's an activity where results a almost directly proportional to the effort.

at the moment I'm doing 2 whole body sessions per week recovering from spinal and head injuries but I seem to be regaining some pretty decent foundation strength levels considering my left side doesn't function fully yet. Will be splitting up the upper body and lower body stuff into separate days soon. The giant sets are bloody tiring. Only four different exercises but it kills.

i reckon an active healthy bloke only needs a minimum of 60 minutes a week of lifting,
To achieve what Andy? I read this this morning and I was waiting for the completion of the sentence, hence now I'm asking. Thank you Sir.

To achieve what Andy? I read this this morning and I was waiting for the completion of the sentence, hence now I'm asking. Thank you Sir.

Thats the beautiful thing about it fadi, whatever you want it to be.

What do you want to achieve?

Who's Max Aita?
Juggernaut Training Systems Olympic Weightlifter.

Famous for squatting everyday for about a bazillion days.

Would occasionally come in and warm up with only a few reps because the movements were so efficient for him. From memory, he came in and either high bar or front squatted 250+kg cold one day.

Can't say I support the concept in it's entirety, but expedited warmup isn't unheard of. If the big man can't get in a lot of time, I'd go for quality frequency with moderate to high loads.