• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Throw a ball as hard as you can with warming up shoulder / arm . Go on.

OK. Ahem. Stand back Shrekky. Here we go.......

carly-rae-jepsen-first-pitch-inline.gif

Wait. Hang on. Gimme a second.

ONE.gif

Pherk. Um. Wait. Hang on.

fausto_pitch.gif

Sumvabitch. OK. Here ya go.

MarquisThole.gif.opt.gif

Last edited:
It defies believe that some of you kunce who train of an afternoon or evening aren't physically hardened enough to do a few short controlled sprints (after a little jogging and other things) as part of a warm up before training.

What are you going to say if you have to protect yourself, your Wife or Kids "excuse me Mr Criminal I can't protect myself or my Family as I might pull or tear Muscle"? Part of the reason we train (or should be training) is so we are more conditioned for the vicissitudes of life. And if training in such a manner (to harden you up) means you don't look so buff in a pair Board shorts, well then the "buff boyz" aren't Men.

As Men we should be tough enough to protect ourselves, our loved ones and or Society.
I think all this is irrelevant if muscle or the reliance on muscle strength gained through training was to be one's mechanism of defense (in the situation you've alluded to in your post). I'd rather believe and trust in the ultimate performance drug of choice in such a situation, and that "drug" or hormone is non other than my endogenous adrenaline hormone. In my opinion, this hormone is the powerhouse of all other hormones, for without its presence in the right amount and at the right time, not even the most powerful anabolic steroid would do anything to help you move a weight let alone punch or kick someone in the head...if the situation (as protecting someone's own family) should call for it.

I also think, that strength athletes (who rely on pre-workout drinks/powders full of caffeine), or people who are heavily reliant on such an adrenal exhaustive drug such as caffeine, would fair less in a fight if compared with someone who does not rely on such a CNS stimulant to get themselves going.

Last edited:
I think all this is irrelevant if muscle or the reliance on muscle strength gained through training was to be one's mechanism of defense (in the situation you've alluded to in your post). I'd rather believe and trust in the ultimate performance drug of choice in such a situation, and that "drug" or hormone is non other than my endogenous adrenaline hormone. In my opinion, this hormone is the powerhouse of all other hormones, for without its presence in the right amount and at the right time, not even the most powerful anabolic steroid would do anything to help you move a weight let alone punch or kick someone in the head...if the situation (as protecting someone's own family) should call for it.

I also think, that strength athletes (who rely on pre-workout drinks/powders full of caffeine), or people who are heavily reliant on such an adrenal exhaustive drug such as caffeine, would fair less in a fight if compared with someone who does not rely on such a CNS stimulant to get themselves going.

If we are talking fighting I would have thought training for fighting would be number 1.

All the adrenaline doesn't mean shit against someone who knows what they are doing and adrenaline is good for tiring you out. If you don't knock them out in the first 20 seconds you are fucked Vs the guy keeping his cool.

So every Firefighter, Policeman, Army/Service and Security personal etc are all wasting their time with the rigorous training they do.

The more conditioned and "callused" (prepared) the body is to extreme conditions the less likely it is to crumble under those extreme conditions.

Last edited:
So every Firefighter, Policeman, Security personal etc are all wasting their time with the rigorous training they do.

The more conditioned and "callused" (prepared) the body is to extreme conditions the less likely it is to crumble under those extreme conditions.

Do you really think they sprint?
They may run but I wouldn't call it a hard sprint...

Do you really think they sprint?
They may run but I wouldn't call it a hard sprint...

Someone in peril, their life in danger and they just jog?????

Not fucken likely.

Last edited:
If we are talking fighting I would have thought training for fighting would be number 1.

All the adrenaline doesn't mean shit against someone who knows what they are doing and adrenaline is good for tiring you out. If you don't knock them out in the first 20 seconds you are fucked Vs the guy keeping his cool.

You know the deal Baz. The other kunt is taut with adrenaline, you can feel it in his Body when you clinch etc. or he swings like mad and burns out quick.

Plus, if he's not conditioned he will pull a Calve, or Hammy or something. That does slow him up eventually.

Well, I guess we are all allowed an opinion.

This probably explains why only non coffee drinkers survive earthquakes, being caught in a rip, chased by bears or white shark attacks.

I personally blame the fall of the british empire on drinking too much tea. All that caffeine shrivelled their balls.

This probably explains why only non coffee drinkers survive earthquakes, being caught in a rip, chased by bears or white shark attacks.

I'm sure you've got peer reviewed research to back this up?

I personally blame the fall of the british empire on drinking too much tea. All that caffeine shrivelled their balls.

I know this to be true. Caffeine long term stimulates Cortisol which suppresses Testosterone, therefore shrunken Balls.

Yep.

Just looked at the op again.

i don't perform a "warm-up", never have, although I tried it a few times throughout my life, and all it did was rob me of the energy needed for my work out.

stretching?
same deal, did it at times throughout my life, but I always seemed to do it when I was injured in some way.
and while my injuries improved over time I really don't believe that it was the "stretching" that solely helped.

these days?
for the last 10 years I have done very little stretching and I cannot remember the last time I did a warm-up,
my stretching is incorporated into the exercise, which is worth a discussion on its own.

Just looked at the op again.

i don't perform a "warm-up", never have, although I tried it a few times throughout my life, and all it did was rob me of the energy needed for my work out.

stretching?
same deal, did it at times throughout my life, but I always seemed to do it when I was injured in some way.
and while my injuries improved over time I really don't believe that it was the "stretching" that solely helped.

these days?
for the last 10 years I have done very little stretching and I cannot remember the last time I did a warm-up,
my stretching is incorporated into the exercise, which is worth a discussion on its own.

Stretching is almost a different discussion. Stretching way beyond the normal range of motion you are performing makes no sense and is proven to reduce strength and not reduce injury.

Warming up as in starting off with the bar and adding a bit of weight each set is starting to seem like a waste of energy and time.

Stretching is almost a different discussion. Stretching way beyond the normal range of motion you are performing makes no sense and is proven to reduce strength and not reduce injury.

Warming up as in starting off with the bar and adding a bit of weight each set is starting to seem like a waste of energy and time.

you mentioned stretching in the op knackers.

and define stretching "way beyond the *normal* range of motion, range of motion is just that.

I do a few low weight reps before I get into my working sets, not really to "warm up" per se but to make sure I don't have any stiffness or soreness in my joints/muscles and make sure the equipment I'm using is set to my satisfaction.

Nothing worse than realising you have a twinge in your pec with 100kg above your sternum.