• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
not fully outside it is under patio , but does anyone keep their equipment outside ?

My stuff was outside, then inside, now out again. Gets a bit more dust on it. Just a bit of wd40 on moving parts is working for me so far. Water on the platform is a pain in the arse though

Has been outside for four years now, seems to be going fine.

Apart from when the dogs ate the padding off my bench press, but that's an easy fix..

Noice settup Mick. I see some lawn too for sled runs and yoke. Maybe start your own strongman comp. Set up the barby and you are good to go.

Depends where you are i would imagine.

I had an ABC black nitrite bar outside at my parents place near the beach.
That weathered across about 18months.

Yeh, I was going to mention that. Out where [MENTION=8428]Big Mick[/MENTION]; and Admin are there's not a lot of humidity, plus Big Mick's stuff looks well and truly under cover.

Not outside, but my garage, so it does get exposed to a lot more variation of temperature and moisture than it would in a regular airconditioned gym. I find the rubber mats get more flaky, the bumper plates have more edges brush off, and the bars are more prone to rust. Not much we can do about the first two but because heaps of people are using them, my bars are brushed down every week, and some wd-40 takes away any rust or other corrosion.

It's Patina.

Not many moving parts in a barbell or plate so it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Machines get attention with lube and inspection but I don't care too much.

Yeh, I was going to mention that. Out where @Big Mick; and Admin are there's not a lot of humidity, plus Big Mick's stuff looks well and truly under cover.

Good point, no salt air and very dry conditions most of the time, being near the beach or more humid areas may affect the equipment.

Noice settup Mick. I see some lawn too for sled runs and yoke. Maybe start your own strongman comp. Set up the barby and you are good to go.
Thanks, I won't be here much longer and there would not be much interest, most people hit the pub after work, no one wants to work out.

I do have some plans for where I am going though, will be a full indoor out door gym set up.

Here is the start of it, waiting to save a few more $$ to get the slab done, 12 metres by 6 metres indoor area, with large roller door, 3 meter by 12 meter undercover outdoor area, plus about three acres of lawn....can't wait, should be all done in the next 6 months finances permitting. Power and water for gym already run, 5000 gallon water tank already installed complete with power for pump.

Last edited:
You shot the dogs??

Dogs are better than most people, they don't lie, and have unconditional love, the only creature that loves the owner more than they love themselves.

Here is one of the culprits not long after, you can see the missing pad on the bench press:D

Last edited:
Dogs are better than most people, they don't lie, and have unconditional love, the only creature that loves the owner more than they love themselves.

Here is one of the culprits not long after, you can see the missing pad on the bench press:D

They don't lye because they can't talk, If you could read their thoughts they are probably thinking I've got this big retard wrapped around my finger. He just feeds and pats me and I don't have to do shit. They didn't love you enough not to fuck your bench up.

They don't lye because they can't talk, If you could read their thoughts they are probably thinking I've got this big retard wrapped around my finger. He just feeds and pats me and I don't have to do shit. They didn't love you enough not to fuck your bench up.
That's a 40/20 [MENTION=12409]Sir El Stiffy[/MENTION];

The dogs thinking...... "look at that bastard cleaning up my shit, he better wash his hands before he feeds me"